Afraid of dying certain ways

everytime i get in a car i am afraid we are going to drive in water and i am going to drown and be in alot of pain also i am afraid to go in tall buildings because i think i will fall to my death, also i am afraid of being trapped like lets say i fall into part of a mountain and i am trapped forever until i run out of food and water and die, also i keep getting images in my mind of all this stuff happening as well as me being stabbed in sensitive places like the neck and i cant stop thinking about myself dying in different painful ways i am thinking maybe if i kill myself i can get it over with and die in a less painful way im not considering killing myself but i rather die from killing myself because i can find a less painful way but â– â– â– â–  drowning everything about drowning sounds horrible

4 Likes

If I had a nickel for every time I was afraid, I’d be a millionaire-billionaire by now.
What’s the point in worrying unnecessarily?
I mean, you could also die by the earth opening up under your feet and swallowing you up, you could also be stuck in a car while the earth swallows you up too.
You could also get run over anytime you step outside around cars too.
But…
Why worry about something unhelpful, if something were to happen, it’s not like you could stop it-right?
Time to put the unhelpful worrying to bed, all it does is lower the quality of your life.

1 Like

I could careless how I die.its going to hppn nothing g I can do about it.

1 Like

Drowning and burning are the two that get me. The absolute worst ways if you ask me, although starving would be horrible, never really thought about that one.

3 Likes

i have these obsessive “death” thoughts too…

2 Likes

“Afraid of dying certain ways” This fear occurs with me sometimes too. but i have Faith that i won’t suffer such deaths.

1 Like

Have you tried an antidepressant? They helped a lot w my intrusive thoughts. I don’t get ones about dying I get ones about torturing or harming others which horrifies me as I am a pacifist.

1 Like

Hell, I’m afraid of dying in any way. I want to live. And not die.

3 Likes

Me too. Cancer at the top…plus I have a kid so I’m tortured by some horrific scenes including him getting sick or something else… I asked my friends about it, like, do you ever think about getting terminally ill when you see all these deaths around, and they mostly say just “no, I don’t”…blessed be minds which don’t presume a lot.

3 Likes

Some people from my friends list went to Venice Beach in California and posted pics so it was on my news feed… Its pretty neat place, I could sense a bit of Cali spirit.

2 Likes

Afraid of diying? I’m probably least afraid than I ever was. This is the contradiction with schiz. So many many get to a stage where they are absolutely terrified, where life is hell and they want to end their lives.bbbuuuut…

Are absolutely terrified that people are trying to kill them, or become an extreme hypochondriac. It makes sense at the start of the illness but 10 years in, it does not make sense.

1 Like

i get similar intrusive thoughts about harming others and myself, i have never tried an antidepressant and i don’t think my pdoc would prescribe me one he would probably say that the antipsychotic should be working for that or something also i kinda don’t want to try any other meds because they always have weird side effects and interaction

i think i am a hypochondriac like most of the time i think about killing myself but than whenever i leave the house i feel like something is going to happen and I’m going to die and i don’t want that

I used to have a huge fear of getting cut on the wrist or neck, or of getting stung by a bee (I’m allergic). It still pops up when I am stressed, but I was mostly able to make it stop through neurofeedback therapy.

1 Like

I had the neck fear. And feared getting stabbed by a pin in the eye :fearful: I would constantly walk around with my hand over my face because I was scared of getting stabbed in the eye.

2 Likes

Live your life to the fullest everybody. We all gotta go somehow when god calls

2 Likes

When I’m near water in the car i sometimes worry i will drive it into the water and drown. Sometimes when i’m driving i feel like i will have a bad accident and die

2 Likes

Same here. As for starvation, that is one of the least horrible ways to die for me. I’ve taken a pretty fair amount of hunger before. One time I went seven days without eating after a prolonged period of operating at a substantial calorie deficit. I went on a hunger strike in jail. The only reason I ended the hunger strike was that I was afraid I was getting to the point where I was going to seriously weaken my body, and I thought I was going to have to go live on the street again after I got out of jail. I didn’t want to do that in a weakened condition. It turned out I didn’t have to do that. They sent me to a psychiatric hospital where I gained sixty pounds in one-hundred-twenty days. That’s a half a pound a day. How I did that I don’t know.

5 Likes

as a meat eater, i fear being roasted alive

2 Likes

I used to say “when I die, I want to be lite on fire and shot out of a cannon into the pacific ocean.”

2 Likes