- Drink or eat something that you previously avoided because you were afraid it would harm you.
- Ask your favorite nurse to pose nude, sleep, or have sex with you. What do you have to lose?
- Break a law that does not harm anyone but in doing so gives you pleasure. What are they going to do? Arrest you?
- Do something really stupid that does not harm anyone or go against your religious beliefs.
- Tell your voices that you enjoyed their company. I don’t mean to depress you but they may be the last friends you have.
- If you still have bothersome schizophrenia symptoms tell as many people involved in your care “Thanks for nothing.”, or better yet “Thanks for trying.”
- Tell that stupid joke that was going to make you famous.
- If you are expected to die today ask for the weather tomorrow.
When I thought I was going to die, I did almost all of these things. Was a bit embarassing when I survived, tbqh. Glad I did, though.
No doubt I will hear voices on my deathbed. If I knew it was going to happen, I would start overthinking it and boom…here they would come.
There are people who hear voices when they die due to delirium. But from what I know, these voices aren’t aggressive like what sz voices often are. Near-death experience is often very peaceful.
Like @ninjastar, when I thought I was going to die, I did almost all of these things myself (other than breaking the law and sleeping with nurses lol). And when my seizures stopped after 3-4 months, I was like wait…so I’m not going to die. Oh well, at least I did all those things. I was just glad that I didn’t have mitochondrial myopathy.
All depends on where you’re headed. My ex gf’s father was an abusive, alcoholic pedophile all his life and when he was dying, he was fighting with a spiritual tormenter.