Adoption when I was unwell

Tried to adopt the girl or guy on the ward. turned out she/he probably non binary and 26 not sure how they identified fully but I thought I was in the process of adopting them and the womans child on the ward too cause I thought she was dying of cancer… It felt good but nonetheless I snapped out of it later. Thought i was taking them all to Japan.

1 Like

How long where you on the psych ward?

1 Like

I was on the ward for 2 and a half weeks but I still was psychotic for about 6 weeks after I came out.

2 Likes

It takes time to process everything. I think you should be on incapacity to work for a while.

2 Likes

I am going to speak to pdoc next week but I don’t want to stay at home more than I have to… I have to find another job and thats going to take time anyway.

2 Likes

I went back to work after my first psychosis which lasted for 5 months. I was only able to work again for 6 months before I relapsed and went on disability.

2 Likes

I had first psychosis 10 years ago and have had 20 jobs since then cos I can’t stick to a bloody damn job… i want to go on disability but I need a job to occupy my time and get paid because I won’t get disability i have been denied 3 times… im currently on universal credit. But have applied pip 4th time.

1 Like

To go on disability here you need a psychiatrist to write a report which is reviewed by a committee. One pdoc told me that I could work but another said I couldn’t and wrote a report which was harsh stating things like “chronic psychosis”. Even amongst experts opinions differ.

1 Like

It’s slightly different here in that I can claim PIP disability and still work… so I can have a full time or part time job and still be able to claim but unfortunatley i keep getting denied even when they have my pdoc details…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.