Adopt a scientist

What does it mean?

Adopting a Scientist is more than a ‘donation’. It is playing an active part in important scientific research that makes a contribution to advancing our understanding of how the world works and how our minds work within it.

Support for ‘Adopt a Scientist’ will also contribute to promoting careers in Science for young Australians.

All contributions are tax deductible. For your convenience we will send you one receipt at the end of the financial year, for the total amount of your tax deductible contributions.

100% of every dollar pledged goes directly to funding research grants.

https://www.adoptascientist.com.au/

3 Likes

Aren’t there other methods like contributing to research? I mean without spending money. Most of us are broke. I contributed to research on 23andme. Pretty cool.

1 Like

I believe there is a program you can install on your computer that uses your extra processing power to run equations in the background. It uses thousands of computers together as one supercomputer or something. I can’t remember what it’s called. If you don’t use many heavy programs, is a good way to help out for free.

2 Likes

Her are some programs. Trigger warning for brief mention of aliens via the SETI program.

1 Like

I’ve done

Since 2005. Recruiter link

1 Like

I remember years ago there was a project where they got everyone to install climate modelling software that ran millions of different simulations of how the climate might behave to improve forecasting and the effects of climate change.

I left my PC running it for ages.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.