Adjusting my supplements due to inflation

I really can’t justify spending more on my supplements so I’m adjusting my usage.

It’s not going so well so far. :joy:

I basically use supplements to chill me out and counteract the anxiety Abilify causes.

The supplements that work for me (and may not work for you) in this respect are

L-theanine
Beta alanine
Taurine
Broccoli sprout extract

L-theanine is the $$$ money problem. The brand I want is quite expensive now given how much I use. I use a lot.

So I’ve cut back my usage of that.

I’m using more taurine and beta alanine.

But like I said, I really notice how much L-theanine was helping in other ways now that I’ve cut back.

Maybe I’ll get used to it.

4 Likes

Can’t you get the doctor to prescribe something for the anxiety?

Not sure what country you’re in, but here you pay a flat charge for all meds

1 Like

Hope the other supplements can weigh up for L-theanine. If not maybe you could take a chance on a cheaper brand(which is also reputable and well known).

1 Like

I mostly buy from iHerb.com, they have the best prices and cheap shipping to Canada. Its a US store.

1 Like

I use Swanson vitamins that used to be inexpensive…
NAC , fish oil, b vitamins. Occasionally take TMG, taurine,etc.
Cold water on my face works strongly on my anxiety and is free. I do every day. May reset the vagus nerve. Progressive Muscle Relaxation as shown on YouTube also helps me at bedtime.
NAC is my effective anxiety supplement.

2 Likes

I wish it didn’t give me side effects, I had a rash and all my body was itching after taking NAC. Maybe I am allergic to it.

1 Like

It might be the filler in it. Maybe a different brand?
I only get a rash from niacin.

1 Like

I hope so as I used Dr Best brand before. I just bought the Now Foods brand. If I get a rash and itching again I am surely allergic to NAC. I hope it works though!

I bought from them a few times, since then they send me their monthly news letter/magazine.

I am cutting out all my suppliments and giving up cable and my landline phone. Companies are taking advantage of the crisis, it doesn’t have to be this bad!

2 Likes

The multi-billion dollars industry which can rivalizeze with real pharmaceutical companies and drugs are going to be in pain :joy::joy: