Adding Lamotrigine to the mix

Hi @Fellowman
I have to be on an extremely low dose because Lamictal is very activating for me.
A tiny dose of 12.5mg to start off with.

3 Likes

I take lamotrigine and it helps me a lot. I’ve tried lithium and Depakote, always with an ap or two, but this current combo helps a lot. Hope this works for you as well.

1 Like

Hope you feel better.

1 Like

Thanks @disciple and @anon97970229

2 Likes

I take 200mg and it’s been very helpful for my depression.

2 Likes

I’m on 75mg and I like it. I want to go up on the dose because it makes me feel so much better (less voices, and less hostile voices).

2 Likes

I took my first dose this afternoon.
I’ll see how things go.

3 Likes

I’ve never been on Lamactil myself. But I’ve known a lot of people who have. They all seemed to be ok on it but you never know for sure.

I’ve been on Lithium, Depakote and Tegretol. All mood stabilizers. The only one worth its salt for me was Tegretol and that worked extremely well. It pulled me out of a desperate suicidal funk. I had to go off of it though because my pdoc said it was interfering with my Risperdal Consta’s ability to work.

1 Like

So far no anxiety!
This is a good sign for me!

Usually I’ll get awful anxiety with Lamictal.

Maybe my doctor was right to say that the Depakote helps offset the Lamictal side effects.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.