Addicted to Coffee

I drink at least one cup of coffee a day to wake myself up in the morning, and maybe another if I really need an extra boost during the day. I pretty much can’t wake up without it. It’s so bad though because my diet that promotes good mental health specifically says to cut out caffeine as much as possible. What about you guys? Do you guys drink coffee or do you avoid caffeine as well?

1 Like

I drink a cup a day. There’s far worse things you can do. I look forward to it and it wakes me up.

1 Like

I take mine with a lot of cream and sugar, and of course I love pumpkin spice coffee at Halloween and peppermint coffee at Christmas. How do you like yours?

1 Like

I like French vanilla creamer usually but they don’t have it here so I use half n half and sugar

My roommate uses a French press and that’s really good

2 Likes

I love French vanilla coffee :slight_smile: if I go to Dunkin’ Donuts I can get blueberry flavored coffee as well

That sounds…interesting. I get butter pecan iced coffee at dunkin donuts with milk and sugar it’s good

1 Like

That sounds really good! We’re just feeding the coffee addiction lol :joy:

1 Like

I can’t wake up without coffee, I set my coffee maker to start brewing a half hour before I wake up. I usually put coffee syrups in my coffee, there’s hazelnut, French vanilla, raspberry, caramel and irish crème. they sell them for about a dollar a piece.

1 Like

I take a cup everyday. If I don’t I feel sluggish and have bowel problems after a while.

Where do you get the syrups??

Same!! I hate the way I feel without it

I take 1-2 cups everyday. It doesn’t make anxious. I think that if I drank 4-5 cups a day it would be bad. I drink coffee with coconut sugar.

1 Like

Coconut sugar sounds delicious!

1 Like

I have 3 cups of instant a day (1 spoon of instant in each). No fancy syrups for me. They sound delicious though, I might consider them in future.

I would love to try vanilla and blueberry. I’m weird because I love blueberry coffee lol it’s so good

1 Like

I just finished a week with no caffeine, just to see if I felt healthier. I did not. 100 mg (one coffee cup) of caffeine is supposed to be good for you, anyways. Even pregnant. It stimulates brain function. And tomorrow, you can get free coffee if you live near one of these coffee shops celebrating the Gilmore Girls anniversary. I do!

Hey, @minnii, finally America is doing something cooler than Portugal!

1 Like

I’ll have to see if I live near one!! And yeah I asked my doctor if it was still ok for me to drink a cup of coffee a day and she said it was fine, so I still get to enjoy all my favorite coffee flavors :slight_smile: and I’m not surprised you didn’t feel healthier after a week without it. I’ve never met anyone who felt “healthier” after quitting coffee. They always feel either the same or worse

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s me right now lol

My husband tricked me into switching to decaf, then when I found out he asked me to at least try it for a whole week. I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping, and he thought it would help me. But I still have just as much trouble sleeping, and during the day I feel even more tired. Not pleasant. I totally had coffee this morning, and it was magical.