Schizophrenia.com

Adderall Or vyvanse for fatigue

Which is better ? 15

It is hard to say. Everyone is different. You won’t know till you try it. :tiger::tiger::tiger:

The best one is the one that works best for you. When it comes to psychiatric medications, goodness of fit is the most important issue. Some people respond to one medication but not to another and vice versa. Try one and if it works, fantastic, but if it does not then you may need to switch to the other.

Adderall XR has a two-hit delivery system, one kicking in 20-30 minutes after taking it and then again 3 1/2 to 4 hours later. Vyvanse is a prodrug that is inactive util it gets into the body and is broken down into lysine and amphetamine. That means that the effects start up much more slowly (1-2 hours) and taper off much more gradually. Side effects and benefits are about the same.

All things being equal, they have a similiar safety profile. Vyvanse is a little more difficult to abuse than immediate release Adderall (though it can easily be abused through oral administration if someone were to take more than they are prescribed), but in terms of side effects, neither stands out as more dangerous. Individual clinical concerns might make one more appropriate than the other, and their mechanisms of action are similiar but not identical, but they are very similar in terms of efficacy and risk.

Thank you so much for that wealth of information. I’ve asked my dr to pick one of the two and he has said he’s going to research it, hopefully I’ll get something soon.

Have you taken either?

I took vyvanse for a few years, definitely wasn’t the right drug for me. Taking it with antidepressants gave me a lot of tremors and insomnia. The fact that it was long acting made it really difficult to sleep too. I now take a smaller dose of evekeo which is shorter acting, I don’t take an antidepressant either. My experience is much better now but sometimes my stomach hurts, possibly from the evekeo

I have not personally tried Adderall or Vyvanse, but several of my acquaintances who have tried both found Vyvanse substantially superior. I have taken Dexedrine Spansules and would not be surprised if it has effects similar to Adderall and Vyvanse.

I messaged you privately earlier.

Fatigue and the lack of concentration is one of the main reasons why I’m on disability.

I been using adderall for the last couple of years and recently switched to vyvanse.

It DOES help me alot, it’s not perfect, but it’s better than nothing. Without either, I have ton of brain fog and I don’t feel like getting out of my bed.

My pdoc said they’re basically the same thing when I asked about Vyvanse. I take Adderall for adhd but it hits the spot that I wish coffee would still do. Makes me alert and feeling human.