Added abilify ,not a wise decision, Added Blonanserin

I got the DNA test and now I have to pay $3800 after my doctor said it would only be 20 after financial assistance.

What’s this about a DNA test? Why should you do it?

1 Like

even im curious why do a DNA test?

Hi - I don’t think that blonaserin is available in many western countries. Where are you (what country?):

They have new testing that will tell you the best med for you based on your dna.

Really? DNA TEST?? Excellent! I might get my dna checked

How much credibility does this dna test have I wonder?

What if it gets it wrong?

And how’s blonanserin for your motivation? You are able to work, that’s a good sign.

You have only tried a few medications, maybe you should consider trying more, most of us on this forum have been through quite a few. It takes a while for us to find the right fit.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve taken 9 anti-psychotics. I’m glad abilify wasn’t the FIRST, or I may have never re-visited it. But wish I had found it a year earlier, when I was ready to take meds. But they put me on prolixin instead and I got all sort of nasty side-affects and did a year extra of damage.

2 Likes

Ive tried zyprexa, risperidon, lergigan, theralen, and several others and am currently on olanzapine 0,6 mg or so.

I also tried abilify 5 mg and reacted very badly to it.
It actually made me sick with awefle symptoms i did not previously have and i felt so bad on it that i quit after 3 weeks or so and went back on olanzapine instead.
Olanzapine made me gain 20 kg. I lost 6 kg during these 3 -4 weeks.
I was originally on 15 mg olanzapine i think but now only take 0.6 mg every day although my dr thinks i take 2,5 mg. :slight_smile:

I never heard of this testing before .
One can find out what medication suits you as an individual best…
Sounds like a expensive test though.

I would like to be my normal weight but am still happy and rather content and olanzapine has not been bad to me but probably been really good although the weight gain.

Good to read you are feeling better. :slight_smile: :tada:

1 Like

All I know is medicare (my insurance) doesn’t cover it. Don’t see why not though!?!? You would think they would want us to get on the right meds! Maybe one day, its still new

I am from India .it is available here .

■■■■, I’ve never even thought about checking my DNA

Here is more on it:

2 Likes

When I was on Abilify it did some good things for me, but it did get me a little too amp’ed up. That could have been an effect from coming off Geodon and Seroquel. Now I’m back on the two drugs I just mentioned and doing fine.

1 Like

i have tried some antipshycotics like amisulpride,ziprasidone,quitiepine,aripiprazole…but i found risperdal to be the best among these …currently im on risperdal and blonanserin…working well for me …may be this dna test can reduce trial and error and you may find the right medication …sounds like expensive though.

youve been on quite a few drugs. i guess i was wrong when i said youve only tried a few. i wanna try abilify and see if it will work for me. im already on rexulti and the two drugs are similar…

you are one of the high functioning members on this forum and that inspires me. good job doing what youve done and i wish you the best in future.

thnks a lot @eduvigis this forum is really good all the best to u too.

I was given ablify 6mg with risperdal 6 mg back in April 2016. After taking ablify 6 mg i couldn’t bear the effects on me so i took 3 mg. From August 2016 i started heairng voices and being delusional, so Now i started cutting ablify to 1.5 mg until removing it completely.
I hope the voices and delusions will stop after quitting ablify.
I found Risperdal the best especially at 3mg, but a year and a half ago i reduced it to 2 mg and had a relapse. Doc put me on 6 mg and the voices stopped but i was getting depression and lethargic so this year he added the ablify.
Do you think ablify is the cause? My doc is not very helpful :frowning:

according to me abilify wont be the cause coz when i was taking abilify i did not hear any voices as such …you can still check with your pdoc or may be can change your pdoc if he/she is not helpful as you said…I take a tablet known as sizodon plus which contains risperdal and trihexyphenidyl to combat extrapyramidal symptoms .U need to check with your pdoc. Take care dear.

I have tried blonanserin. I had to quit it cuz of sexual dysfunction.