ADA summary

What is the general summary for the Americans with Disability Act? Do we get any benefits from employers. I read some of it, but it might have gone over my head. Is the only purpose to prevent hiring discrimination. Is there any other benefits like extra days off or something.Thanks!

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is federal legislation passed in 1990 that prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities. The law made it illegal to discriminate against a disabled person in terms of employment opportunities, access to transportation, public accommodations, communications and government activities. The law prohibits private employers, state and local governments, employment agencies and labor unions from discriminating against the disabled. Employers are required to make reasonable accommodations in order for a disabled person to perform their job function

1 Like

Ok thanks that sums it up pretty well

1 Like

My employer lets me work 32 hours a week. I am not sure if it is due to the ADA.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.