Schizophrenia.com

Acting on delusions and 'undoing'

Hi. I’m looking for advice on how to tackle or ‘undo’ some of the things I did whilst psychotic.

During my paranoid spells I have contacted the police and made false reports against innocent people and I’m quite sure there are a few organizations that have records about my ‘grievances’. I would like to know if anyone has experience with a situation like this (i know you are out there!) and how did you handle it? If possible I don’t want to tell these organizations I have a mental illness but I need to rectify my mistakes. Is there any other way to explain the behavior?

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

I have done a lot of regrettable things when I was psychotic. I’ve scared my parent’s neighbors, I’ve flipped at out businesses, I’ve written scathing letters about issues that may or may not have happened.

For the businesses, you could write a letter of apology stating that due to high family stress you had a momentary lapse of reason. You would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused at the time.

I did that with one business, and they had no idea what I was talking about. They didn’t recored the incident in their records and most everyone involved had moved on. So oh well, that was an easy fix.

Thankyou BarbieBF. It’s nice to be welcomed!

1 Like

Thanks. A letter of apology is a good idea.

1 Like

thought i would say hi.
take care