Achievements to potential ratio

My achievements/potential ratio is very low. While having a reasonable level of intelligence I suck at the daily living tasks most take in their stride. How is your achievements/potential ratio?

1 Like

It was horrible at first and got better as I learned to make “workflows” I could refer to for doing each thing. Sort of a checklist in a binder. Now they’re on my phone. I can refer to them if I lose track of what to do in the middle of whatever I’m doing.

2 Likes

Same. Got the household chore ones taped up so Starlet can use them also

2 Likes

One of the biggest reasons I’m good at my job is that my company has detailed workflows for everything. Which is phookin’ awesome because I’m boss at working my way down a list.

4 Likes

My biggest problem is with multi-step tasks, and what to do 1st/2nd/3rd etc.

1 Like

It’s a bit of a sore point. I feel I’ve squandered my potential.

Even though I have achieved a lot given the challenges, I always feel that I missed the potential.

This illness stopped me getting a Masters Degree.

My aim was to write books, but I have a Novel up to 20,000 words and it has been for nearly 5 years

I can’t even game properly anymore, lego Technics are still sat in their boxes and I struggle to keep my place clean without paid help…

Recently, I have become to realise that I just cannot cope with full time employment, which is really shitty of me to decide this now I have a dream job with the Head Office within 5 mins drive (I used to commute 75 miles round trip)…

2 Likes

PHOOKIN awesome @shutterbug

2 Likes

With me it’s a case of being on things like the world genius directory,and yet I need a fair amount of practical support to maintain independent living. It’s at the stage now where giving my s/dau power of attorney is on the cards.

The good bad news is that what most people call achievements are not real achievements at all. Knowing this is my only achievement to date. I hope to keep it this way

1 Like

I don’t have any potential that I see, so likewise, I have no achievements. I just pop a pill.

I would score low on this. I would be in a hedge fund making millions…I almost completed my Master’s from an Ivy university with a 3.8 GPA in pure Statistics. The illness was lingering since much earlier but it got me right there harder. After that, I struggled for 10-11 years. Now I am symptom and side-effect free, trading stocks on my own, but the feeling that I should be making more money than I currently am is always there.
The other course might have been that I may have done a PHD in Statistics from a top university.

You should become a philosopher!

1 Like

There’s much more in place now to help those who are disabled with higher education than there was when I was of university age in the mid 1970s.

1 Like

One thing I learned is almost everybody has potential. Sometimes other people can see it in us when we can’t see it in ourselves.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.