Schizophrenia.com

Acetycholine problems and genetics

I’ve taken the Mestinon 3 days now, and I have to admit, my brain is working better. I used to have things ‘stuck’ in there, like thoughts i couldn’t get out of my head, now those are gone, my mood has imporved - i’m happier, and I just flat out feel like myself again.

so Mestinon, in English, allows the transmissions between your neurons to work better.

physical symptoms for me have also improved. My eye isn’t drooping anymore, the double vision is better, not fixed, but better. I had some fluid retention started too, that’s going away. I ‘tested’ the whole thing yesterday, went on a 30 mile bike ride with some friends in 80 degree weather. I did feel sick afterwards, my hands were going numb , but I’m taking this Mestinon and it goes away quickly.

MESTINON® is an orally active cholinesterase inhibitor. MESTINON® prevents the breakdown of acetylcholine (pronounced “a cee til coline”) by allowing more acetylcholine to accumulate. Acetylcholine is the chemical that sends nerve impulses to the muscle. With more acetylcholine, there is more control of voluntary functions such as eye movements, limited strength, swallowing and breathing.

so, I think this problem gives me Sz too, because the acetycholine is gone from my brain, so the brain functions aren’t working either. I hope this stuff improves that. Perhaps genetics play a big part in it too, we have to have the right genes for our brains to break like this with hallucinations and paranoia, racing thoughts, I get all of that after hot bike rides in August, and it sticks around severa lmonths.

I also can only think about things that are 10 years in the past or more when this flares on me, so I think this relates too. In the brain, acetylcholine is produced in several locations including the basal forebrain. It may promote learning. Acetylcholine-producing cells in the basal forebrain are damaged in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease, which may contribute to the memory impairments which are an early symptom of the disease.

Myasthesia Gravis is a muscle disease, they keep insisting it’s not covering the brain, but for me I think it is also impacting and imparing my brain. Everyone says no more biking, but I went anyway to test the Mestinon I guess, and I don’t want to give up my cycling :frowning:

here is that research study again, here are the genes for Sz, is anybody else having their genes tested? I get my genes scanned in July at that NIH reserach study!

in this document, at the end, there are 3 Tables, I won’t past them here. all gene’s found to relate to Sz

http://vixra.org/pdf/1204.0070v1.pdf

give that a read and see what you think

Hi there don’t give up on biking. I wondered what you thought on the following question? I can’t sing, that’s my biking , on anti psychotics do you think acetylcholine could be part of the problem?

Thank you Laura