ACE and aversion to sex

See, this is the misconception you are falling into. It isn’t just that he respects me not wanting it. He ALSO DOESN’T WANT IT. That is why we work. Neither of us feels like we are missing out or not getting our needs met, because we have the same needs. If someone needs sex in a relationship, they can find work arounds occasionally, but it will never work long term. The person will always feel low key rejected and unwanted and unhappy. Wanting sex in a relationship is not a bad thing. Not wanting sex in a relationship is also super normal. You need to find someone who wants the same type of relationship as you.

7 Likes

Similarly to Ninja, my husband is on a med that reduces his sex drive and I am on drugs that reduce my sex drive. So, we are intimate very seldom. We both would like to be intimate more often. But we’re on the same page, basically. If he had a high sex drive and I didn’t, that would be problematic.

4 Likes

Likewise my bff and I. She’s on both meds that destroy her sex drive and she has a medical, physical condition that gets in the way of our having sex. Plus my religion forbids lesbian and gay sex. Also, I’m on meds that completely destroy my libido and orgasmic capacity. So, we’re perfectly suited to each other. We have an intimate companionship.

A man who isn’t interested in a lot of sex is out there, you just gotta find him. You gotta play the odds; the more men you meet, the more likely you’ll find what you’re looking for.

3 Likes

I think you’re right. Virtually all but a handful of people want sex. Not only do they want sex but they want lot’s of it. I am lonely. I was hoping to find a partner that doesn’t want sex but I am highly doubtful that’s ever going to be the case.

2 Likes

I have been on asexual dating sites for 12 years and I have yet to make a connection. I guess I could go on a regular dating site, where there is much more men and be really clear in my dating profile that I am not interested in a sexual relationship but I fear that I would get attacked. I’m gun shy. I have ventured onto regular dating sites in the past and, in my experience (other women’s may be different), men want to become sexual immediately even if only by vetting me for how sexual I am and how much sex I like. I admit that I am fragile. Even very fragile and it is involuntary. I am not that way on purpose. But it really hurts my feelings when a man I barely know asks me if I enjoy other women sexually or how often I like it or if I will send him a nude picture. I should mention that, unfortunately for me, people (men and women) have always thought that I look like a sexual or seductive person. Even if I were typical sexually, that’s a problem but not wanting sex at all, it’s a REAL problem. The guy I had a date with told me that I am a very “sexy” woman. It hurt my feelings because I wished he would have said I am pretty or beautiful instead. Something flattering and non-sexual. But he called it like he sees it and that’s that. I am lonely AF :frowning: Wish I could find my non-sexual knight in shining armor.

3 Likes

Did you read my comment above? I agree with @Bowens that it might be good for you. Bumble has a “friends mode” called BFF. It’s full of people looking to make friends for a variety of reasons, you can meet people without having sex with them, just write in your profile what you’re looking for.

If you ever feel like dating and sex then you can switch to Date mode.

5 Likes

HMM? I have never heard of that before. I guess it’s worth a shot.

4 Likes

I’m on Bumble right now. I bought a one month membership. I was originally in Dating mode, but I just switched to BFF mode a few hours ago to check it out.

When I had it in dating mode I had a little over a dozen women interested in me but I wasn’t interested in most of them. The first thing I wrote in my profile was that I have schizophrenia so I think that scares most women away when it comes to relationships. I thought maybe they would be more willing to start out as friends and if romance blooms that is fine, but if not, we can just hang out and have a fun time.

2 Likes

I have never used this app, but it sounds like great advice for @non-average!

2 Likes

Why do guys have to be so gross?

Just wait for the woman to initiate it. Is that so hard?

3 Likes

Nature of the beast unfortunately. It must suck to be an incel for these guys who think of very little else. It’s amazing they even remember to eat.

2 Likes

LMAO. :rofl:

2 Likes

I mean if you have “needs” you got lotion and the internet. This coming from a guy who hasn’t had sex in seven years but used to be active.

I can imagine few things as unpleasant as having sex with another human when you don’t want to.

4 Likes

It is. Some people are just too damn impatient so they’ll grab whatever piece of meat that’s in front of them. Humans are fundamentally flawed in that regard.

1 Like

An additional note: I am 52 and I have ALWAYS hated tongue kissing. In my vast life experience, males love it and they want to do it a lot more often and for much longer duration than I do. I have had many men tell me they are ‘great kissers’ or they could ‘kiss for hours’ etc. In my personal experience, tongue kissing always leads to sex. In other words, it is always the beginning of sex (and during too). Maybe that is why I had that delusion about how tongue kissing evolved or came to be. Who knows.

That might be a red flag. Guard your heart with this man. He might step up the pressure to have sex. Don’t let yourself get so gone on him that you can’t resist him.

1 Like

I can let him go. I am lonely but not so lonely that I want to have sex. The older I get, the more repulsed by sex I am.

1 Like

My gf wanted kids but I refused. I mean she could have lied about the pill but she was honest with me and took it when I told her to not forget it.

Yeah, my ex-gf was on the pill too, but she was still the one who decided to let me have sex with her, there were plenty of other guys that would’ve had sex with her, ti was her choice, she decided who got to have sex.

1 Like