Accupuncture for Nicotine Addiction

Is it a good idea? What do you think?

1 Like

I don’t personally think acupuncture would have any affect on nicotine addiction other than mental. No different from going to a hypnotherapist, IMO.

3 Likes

That’s not to say that it cant work…I just don’t think it’s something that truly reduces your cravings. I think it is all in state of mind

1 Like

Champix/chantix worked so well for me. Yeah it can make you sick for some but it’s chemical and it’s clinical and it’s better science but because it’s a medication it’s often frowned upon.

It’s science and after trying many different things it worked so easily for me.

1 Like

İ made it 20 years ago for smoking addiction.result was nothing.its a big scam

1 Like

Back in the days that I smoked I went to an acupuncturist for dizziness. I would smoke a cigarette before and after. I do think it’s kinda relaxing.

1 Like

It is one of those things that if you believe it will work, it could have some benefit. There’s no harm in it anyhow.

1 Like

Here is my two cents. I think it depends on the quality of the acupuncturist/traditional Chinese medicine practitioner. I am not sure if it does or does not work. However, I think it may work for some and may not work for some.

1 Like

Wellbutrin made me stop vaping. I couldn’t feel pleasure from nicotine anymore. It blocks nicotine receptors in the brain.

1 Like

I’ve tried Wellbutrin. Thank you for the advice, though.

1 Like

I think acupuncture is great but it’s so bloody expensive.

Then again so are cigarettes.

I want to get acupuncture for my constapation and to help me lose weight in a healthy way but I just can’t afford it.

It’s $100 first visit then $80 a visit and you are supposed to go atleast every two weeks.

So no acupuncture for me at this point.

If I was rich as such I would get acupuncture once a fortnight.

2 Likes

I might get it, because my parents are well-off and they help me out sometimes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.