Abilify low dose

Hi, you are on maintena 300 mgrs. Before, do you take abilify pills?

No I am not on 300mg, I typed it wrong.
I am on 30mg daily

1 Like

No, I take it orally

why do you want to swap to the injection?

i’m on low dose abilify pills and its ok

1 Like

What does are you on, Butterfly?

1 Like

5mg aripiprazole.

It’s not perfect but I can manage

Are you on anything else?

2 Likes

No.

I was constantly asked to go on an antidepressant but I refused

This is one reason my condition is known as psychotic disorder rather than sz according to my pdoc, because I only require a ‘low’ dose

1 Like

Ah, okay. Did you have a psychotic break? Was it paranoia?

1 Like

My psychotic break happened twice in 2016 and it was all sorts of things it was very intense, including hallucinations and paranoia.
I came off the ap in 2018 and relapsed later tha year.

What med n dose are you on?

I’m on 10 mg, with no positive symptoms as of yet. I want to drop down, but I’m sz diagnosis, so not sure if I should.

My first break I had delusions of grandeur, as well as paranoias that people wanted to kill me / steal the work I was working on. Second break, it was more paranoia and belief in magic and stuff.

I’ve really noticed the difference in dropping from 15 to 10, so another drop would be great, but I’m just not sure it’s a good idea. I’m not sure whether I would get warning signs or not.

have you asked your pdoc what he thinks about going down in dose?

Not yet. I think the measurements of AP in my blood indicates I could maybe go down again. But I’m not sure.

Yea best to check with pdoc.

You should give antidepressant a try so you can be happy again.

1 Like

I know the pros and cons of LAI (long acting) medications.
The dose of aripiprazole depends of metabolism and illness, so it can be changed; I now take 5 mgrs and my diagnosis is Sz, at the Begining was pshycotic disorder too:
“Pshycotic disorder in study”. One year later it changed.

On the other way I know the pros of low dose too.

I hope you will understand now this topic:
Maintena low dose.

I’m too scared of what ads do to my body and mind

Side effects and getting hooked

I am on 5mg as well (for the time being to increase to 15mg). I have bipolar with psychosis. It is superior to quetiapine especially if you would enjoy having a life. The anxiety, headaches, and insomnia are troublesome.

I’ve used it for a few months last year and I was trying to save Vatican from being stolen by Arab terrorists who teleported agents into the archives and stole documents, some even ate them page by page. LoL. On clozapine now, living in a pretty boring world.

1 Like