A scary night with the voices

Hi Guys, can I get your opinion.

I’m struggling with something. So for some context I had been hearing my old work colleagues (who’s in the IRA) voice in my apartment for like a month before this incident. The usual stuff commenting on what I was doing or watching and making me feel like I was on camera.I was convinced they were in the apt next door watching me on camera on a kind of a steak out. So one night my curiosity got the better of me I went outside to try and look in the windows, and I knocked on the door. I was just about to hop the balcony and go in the side door when the voices came to the conclusion that they were gonna send people to hang me because I was on to them.I freaked out. I rushed out to my car, When I went out side I got into my car and drove off but I forgot my phone inside. So, when I was Driving back I saw my old work colleagues car reversing out of the the apartments two doors down driveway.

What do you think he was doing there? And At the exact moment I was hearing his voice!?

Any help appreciated!

1 Like

@AccreditedPsych, @anon9798425, @Ninjastar, @moonwalker,@firemonkey what’s your guys rational opinion? Because I can’t think of any
And I didn’t hallucinate it moonwalker

I think it’s likely a coincidence. It’s a small world. Maybe he was visiting friends. Try not to overthink it!

2 Likes

Too late for that but Thank you, it is a small world

1 Like

Are you still feeling paranoid?x
Have you spoken to your psychiatrist?
I hope things get better

1 Like

It’s such a crazy coincidence, and I have had many. I have to wait MONTHS to speak to someone it’s a joke really

1 Like

Abstract

The earliest stages of delusion are characterized by an overabundance of meaningful coincidences impinging on the sufferer’s existing worldview. Successive events are seen by him as pointing to, and then confirming, a fundamentally new reality that takes him over and engulfs his everyday life.

2 Likes

Have you heard of the law of attraction? How the things you think and focus on tend to manifest around you physically? The idea comforts me when things seem to all be connecting. Im sorry to hear that, it’s similar here. I have to basically demand help from my psychiatrist and am not often insightful enough to do so. You don’t have a therapist or caseworker?

Why was he there though? This surely was a coincidence of all coincidences. This was not an insignificant life event.

I’m having a lot of difficulty getting a therapist. And I have no case worker. Only person I really have is my mum

1 Like

Keep trying to get help.
It takes a long time and is frustrating af, but it’s worth it. You can’t text or call your psychiatrist when things are bad?

No I can’t, iv heard a lot of people can do that. But I can only get my pdocs secretary.Do you have any more reasons as to why he was there?

The issue is not that you saw some coincidence but the fact that you ruminate on it so much. You’d be better moving on and think about something else

2 Likes

I think you’re very focused on it. Try to take your mind off it. He likely was visiting someone else x everything is not a conspiracy i promise

2 Likes

i do think that whatever is said he will continue to respond with yet another question. This is something he needs to tackle with his pdoc. Many pertinent responses have been given on various threads the OP has started ,but it’s like the needle on the record has got stuck.

But you haven’t given me a reason why he was there your just calling me delusional attaching significance to unimportant events. A simple ‘why he was there’ is all im looking for here. I would’ve thought you would be looking to disprove my theories. I ask a lot of questions because I like to get to the bottom of my issue, I can’t just leave it saying ah it was just a coincidence or that’s not important when it was to me. I like when I get many responses that disprove my theories.

@anon47167357 Others have given you good explanations but you have chosen to ignore them and pursue the same line of questioning again and again . I can not add any more on that score than has already been said.

I used to think people in towns hundreds of miles away could hear me when I talked. I’ve realized that is impossible now, but I can understand how the coincidence could lead you to think something like that. I’ve heard things on the radio that were coincidental to my situation. One time I had a bad cold, but I went to this autumn festival anyway. I heard somebody on the radio say, “Stay away from people who are sick. If you’re sick stay home.” Another time I was delivering pizza, and I was feeling kind of morose, and it was affecting my customer relations. I heard a couple of people on the radio talking about some pizza delivery guy who was being rude to his customers. I’ve always wondered about that one. Now that I am on medication I don’t hear things like that any more.

1 Like

This is the only explanation I got. It’s just one opinion, i just want to hear what others have to say that’s just not enough. What questions do you say I’m asking? This is a different thread

The truth is you could be given a 100 explanations , and you’d still be asking for the 101st, 102nd,103rd etc.

1 Like