A saying about the past present and future that someone posted

Someone recently posted this saying on the forum :

If you live in the past you suffer depression,
If you live in the future you suffer anxiety,
If you live in the present then you have peace of mind

Thanks to whomever posted it. It’s been helping me a bit recently. It’s spot on for the way my mind works.

10 Likes

Yeah its so true and brutally honest at the same time

2 Likes

I wrote this in my first book I wrote which was in 2015!! Im surprised you haven’t heard it.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s impressive. You’re a wise person ! And no, I just heard of it a few days ago on here.

1 Like

Thanks @everhopeful

If you got 1 foot in the past, 1 foot in the future you’re pissing all over the present!

And the present is a gift that’s why it’s called the present.

5 Likes

Haha! Those are good too !

2 Likes

to have schizophrenia means you have them all. too. funny when i think on it, its like bipoler in times

1 Like

Yes I think that’s why that saying was helpful to me.

1 Like

I’m constantly thinking about the past and future.
Rarely I’m in the present.

3 Likes

Oh, this saying is so true!!! I lived in the past for many years and I suffered from such bad depression. I don’t live in the future for the most part thank goodness. I live very much in the present and I am totally at peace today.

3 Likes

The present is reality.
Addiction is an escape from reality.

3 Likes

Where is my present? J/K It’s a good saying

3 Likes

The present is a present they say

2 Likes

Well, there’s more to it than that.

The past is memory, and memory is information.
The future is imagination, and imagination is information.
The present is information representing what is happening as close to the objective natural moment beyond our minds as we can ever get.

No matter what the objective natural reality that is outside beyond the veneer of our minds is relatively ahead of what our minds are telling us about it. There is an amount of time between the time something happens in objective reality, and the time it takes for the light to account for it, transmit it to the eyes, the information on the light be transferred to the organs, relayed to the brain, the information processed by the brain, and then the mental information be rendered, so that you can see what it was that happened. So we’re always slightly in the past.

We live in our minds not out of them, and this “replica world” that is our minds tries to mimic objective nature and a lot more. In here present is present whether we’re presently remembering information, creating information about the future, or we’re observing the information about what has just happened in objective reality. This is what is happening, the mindological event. We are happening mentally, informationously, mindologically, and this is the event that is real time present, but it’s real time information which is not the same as our real time present brains, organs, or anything outside of them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.