A question for those on meds, who no longer have positive symptoms

Were you able to get back the feeling of being alone once your positives went away?

what do you mean with “the feeling of being alone”?

I think @fractaled means “alone in one’s own head”, a feeling that was normal before voices happened.

1 Like

Well I never feel alone since I’m paranoid people are watching me, and listening to my thoughts. I wonder if this loss of privacy is ever restored once positives go away.

1 Like

ah yea i get it now… then i have to say no i didn’t. I still feel like people are watching me sometimes… like in the bathroom i have to fight the feeling a lot. So i can’t say that the meds fixed that for me but it did get better. I was a lot worse before meds… then everybody was listening to my thoughts and implanting thoughts in my head and such… so it did get better but not completely go away.

1 Like

I am stable on meds and I feel almost normal again. But sometimes I have a weird sensation like voices are about to start whispering things again. But they don’t. They’re gone.

2 Likes

The voices were very invasive they have gone away with the pills, i feel better without them and dont feel like my thoughts are being watched anymore it feels really quiet without them.

2 Likes

I am on meds with no positives and I had delusions of people being able to read my thoughts and see through my eyes and, yes, the feeling of being alone returns.

2 Likes

The only time my voices completely went away was when I was on Seroquel.

But I hardly sentient.

Like a zombie that eats too much.

It was a terrible medication for me, but works well for others.

I had positive symptoms on Abilify,

Not a lot, still with enough frequency for me to decide to go off APs.

I’m on an AD and anxiety medication now.

Back to your question, I believe you can get rid of voices with medication,

There’s just an exchange there I’m not interested in anymore.

1 Like

I should point out that I never had voices or other hallucinations either though. So i dunno how that fits into the equation. Once my delusions went away I was alone when I was alone.

2 Likes

I was much more alone when off meds than on meds. Off meds I left everyone my family, friends etc and went living alone in Germany going from an hotel to the other. I felt homeless and alone.

1 Like

Maybe I didnt understand your question. I am not praising meds but off meds I was so paranoid and feared ppl that I couldnt live with my family, I was also too irritable and scared of attacking ppl which actually happened when I went back living with my family in Canada, I almost killed my brother with a knife. My parents told me I am not allowed to live with them if I am unmedicated and psychotic.

1 Like

I don’t mind. I appreciate your answer.

1 Like

Last time i lived alone when psychotic i thought the tenants downstairs were putting poison gas in the vents and poisoning the water. On meds i wouldnt even think about them

Everything was fine during the summer i could keep the windows open and buy drinks but things came to a head in the winter. That was my last hospitalization

2 Likes

yea i do feel alone, although i feel like i am on thin ice with my delusions

1 Like

I feel alone on meds int he sense you are talking about and I love it. I no longer feel like I am thought broadcasting, or that people can read my mind, or having telepathic conversations with others. My thoughts are my own and private now, I like it that way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.