A question about the popes visit in America?

Man, you really are having an angry day. It’s okay, let it all out. They are a deserving target of rage.

Me? Oh about NPR? Lol no they’re alright haha

Haha no the Jesuits. And pretty much anyone who runs a university and charges 40,000$ per semester.

Any Christian school bothers me, I went to one and the bullies were dicks. I never got bullied by them but they could be mean. I was on a basketball team with all of them.

James Martin is a funny Jesuit.

The girl bullies are pretty terrible too. But that is probably true at every school.

I am also feeling a lot of pent up anger from my job, so I’m in the mood to trash talk some things I don’t like. I should probably reel it in.

Nah let it loose, there’s a season for everything.

I’m a guy so I’ve never dealt with girl bullies but I think my sister has. they can be nasty…

After I got raped, they told me I better not dare call myself a virgin anymore, because if I want to go out to bars and drink alcohol I got what was coming to my slutty self.

Man, girls can be awful. That is probably the least feminist thing I have ever said.

I’m very sorry about that.

Eh, I’m not. It made me a more interesting person, and if it wasn’t for my sexual PTSD, I never would have been compatible with my fiance’s sexual PTSD.

Besides, before that moment, I totally bought into the idea of sexual purity. Ew.

A more important question is who pays for the popes security while in the USA? The Vatican or the American tax payer? :rage:

Being sexually abused made me very shy for much of my childhood. But nightmares end.

That’s great though that you took it and turned it into a positive thing. I usually prefer girls that have sexual PTSD like me so they don’t get scared off or feel rejected at times. Don’t know if that sounds bad. Whatever.

That sucks. I’m sorry about that. I swear, like 90% of e people on these forums have been sexually abused. It is good that we have each other.

And @Bipolar_Bear the answer to your question is the American taxpayer. Lots and lots of cops. He probably has a few of his own security, too.

Haha I managed to stay on topic!

I love the way this pope is constantly criticizing capitalism and talking about climate change, yet he gets his car flew over from the EU instead of using a car in the USA to save money and minimize pollution. What a f*cking hypocrite!

The pope mobile has bulletproof windows. It isn’t like he could have just rented a Kia. But he probably could have found some kind of car. Maybe he could borrow the president’s car.

1 Like

It’s been on the news a lot. I get the impression this pope is progressive on many issues, like global warming, a fair distribution of wealth, immigration, and so on. It’s going to be interesting to see where he comes down on birth control. I hear that is something the Catholic church is struggling with.

It’s much smaller car than American cars.
This pope is a force for good in the world.

1 Like

He is against birth control pills, but in favor of condoms to prevent the spread of disease.

Has anyone watched Dalai Lama being asked about the next reincarnation of Buddha, and his response that if that would be a woman, she better be attractive, “otherwise not much use”. When asked is he joking he responded with “no”.

They’ve all been shmucks so far.
But this pope seems cool …so far.

If he’s REALLY a force for good and cares about the poor, he’ll sell all the church’s property and donate the money to planned parenthood.

The idea that an organisation that’s against birth control could somehow have the interest of the poor at heart is ludicrous.