A Possible story book idea.. The Adventure of GJ-Raccoon

It’s been an interesting adventure, an adventure of magical moments. Moments that is a proud Parents dream come true, and an Uncles imagination running wildly thru a young boy’s life. I became his Uncle Sam at his ripe young age of 5 years old. He has grown since then and is now at the age of 20 years old {Almost 21 Years old as of today.}.
He is a very high functioning Autistic child from birth and has fought thru his life in order to evolve and adapt to our everyday complicated lives. He started without dreams and now he has amazing adventures for his dreams. He also had no or little imagination, but then slowly we all helped him open his mind into imagining things coming to life, like stuffed animals with different voices and many other things.
He has a very kind unique perspective with those around himself, and a very kind heart and soul. His life is filled with love and joy, even though he has his ups and downs he remains in my opinion resilient with his path in life.
Maybe I’m just a bit proud of him or maybe I just want to boast about him prejudicially, even though He adopted me as his Uncle. I also hope I have been what he has needed and expected of myself. I have tried to be unbiased, but I have my quarks, as per example I have anger issues, mental issues, and other issues to be told of later on.
I’m problem writing this with bias, and a heart filled with love of this young man, but I feel it needs to be done. When he was 5 I meet him and his mother, and so our story begins.
At age 5 he liked to pick things apart and did many other annoying thing most kids due at that age, but not things that would cause harm to themselves or others. Just minor harm to property that probably needed to be fixed, or replaced with more child friendly things, or with better designed protection built into it. He was also shy and very protective of his mother. He was very Jealous of me for the first 6 months which were very difficult time not just for him, but for his mother and father as well.
That however is another story all in its own about me and his parents, and a very difficult one.

This young boy would love bed time within the next few month of me living with him and his family due to his named stuffed animals where going to come to life to being his development of imagination. I got him to tell me some of the stuffed animal’s names, and then I began to make voices for them and played with him in a child like fashion. As per example he had a stuffed giraffe. He named it Kung-Foo Giraffe. He was a stealth ninja of his toys. That was soft enough to flying leaps at him whilst screaming his Title “Kung-Foo Giraffe attacking!”
Then there were others he had tons of play time before bed, which also help him begin to dream. At first he didn’t know it was dreaming he thought it was altered part of day, but then we spoke about what he saw when his eyes were closed, and he learned those where dreams. He then began to realiase he could do more in his sleeping state then in the real world and started to love dreaming, even when I only snag him to sleep he began to have excellent dream adventures. Until he had his first bad dream. Then I explained to him he could make it into a better dream by remembering that he in his sleep state has the power to do anything he could think of. Even destroying the bad thing in his dreams, or turn the tables on a monster in a way to be its boss. This was also explained to him that in his sleep mode / state he is the boss of the dream, but never to forget it is just a dream.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.