You expected me to deal with you
Like I didn’t have schizophrenia
Am I stronger, wiser or just the same?

11 Likes

Hey what’s up? So glad to see you back :blush:

Really like your poem :slight_smile:

It’s very real

1 Like

A bit like the poem says. Lol. I ended up having to deal with some pretty heavy real world stuff which included a family member being in hospital after an accident. I almost had a relapse because of it all but didn’t. Good to see you too sarad!

3 Likes

Omg you’re back!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t recognise half the avatars, everybody’s been busy changing them in the last few weeks ! It’s going to take me a while to catch up on what everyone’s been doing.

2 Likes

You’re baaaaaack! All is right in the world now

3 Likes

You’ve changed your avatar too! Nooooo! :smile:

1 Like

I evolved! :smile: I went from toddler mod to teenage mod and @Rhubot suplied the new avatar. What will my next evolution be? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes!

You’ve returned to the Flock! Good to see you again!! :sunny:

3 Likes

Thanks Patrick!

1 Like

Welcome back! Now I can do the naked challenge again, if my roommate ever leaves the house!

2 Likes

Ill say it again - Welcome Back @everhopeful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha! I’d nearly forgotten about that!

Thanks wave! It feels good to be back.

1 Like

You were sincerely missed by many people here who posted queries asking if anyone knew what was happening to you and hoping you would return soon. Welcome back.

2 Likes

Thanks very much Twang!

I’m so happy you’re back @everhopeful. And to kick it all off with a poem was just perfect.

I hope everything in real life has settled down now. I’m glad you didn’t relapse.

2 Likes

Thanks turtle ! Can I ask how the whole codeine thing is going?

I’ve moved on to a healthy lifestyle. Quit codeine (and am about to go on to naltrexone), quitting smoking, walking to work, and on a healthy eating diet.

It’s the new me, clean living! I’m really enjoying the diet and exercise. Exercising immediately before work is really helping me cognitively. I feel calm and relaxed from it too because I spend twenty something minutes on my own with my music just walking. Rather than cramped up on a packed tram.

The smoking I’m cutting down on and it seems to be occurring naturally, I just don’t want cigarettes as much as I thought I did (plus I’m using the patch and nicotine spray).

Codeine I still miss like crazy. It’s really hard at work in particular, or when I’m around strangers. Codeine sort of gave me confidence to cope with those situations and brought me out of my shell a bit. I also miss the high. I think being on naltrexone might help me psychologically. Knowing I can’t get high might help me battle the cravings.

Thanks for asking @everhopeful, that was really kind of you.

How are you going with pizza?