Schizophrenia.com

A Poem: Stable

I’m stable.
Nobody told me
That when you’re stable
You’re still screwed.

9 Likes

APs and mood stabilizers basically kill your emotions. Not always true but in many cases.
We’re emotional creatures. We need some ups and downs, to feel the thrill when listening to music or watching our favorite sports team.
Mental illness treatments come at a price. A bit too expensive if you ask me.

3 Likes

An interesting poem, made me to think … why are you still screwed?

1 Like

Negative symptoms that won’t go away. I just sit on my couch all day. It’s been getting to me.

3 Likes

Have you ever considered exercising? It is good for mind too.

1 Like

I don’t have the motivation. I’m losing weight (slowly) though. I’m on a diet.

3 Likes

At their peak my negatives were so bad that I would sleep for 13 hours and spend the whole day lying in my bed. I would even delay going to the toilet.

1 Like

when i was young someone said to me, you look stable, i thought he was nuts , i’m not horse , quit looking at me.

1 Like

When I was a student in college (age: 21) I once sat across the table from two med school students. They asked me if I had any ailment as they needed to gather data for a project. I said no, not even swelled tonsils or a running nose or stomach aches. They casually replied “oh you are saving yourself for something big”. I forced myself to smile but took it as a bad omen. And nine years later they were proven true :expressionless:

1 Like

I might be insane but I have a powerful superego.

1 Like

I talked to my mom today on the phone and she made me mad out of the blue I shouted. I thought to myself, I’m really insane! My mom knows me like no other and she’s probably sad that no matter how good a conversationalist I am I’m still totally out of it.:worried:

1 Like

Me too. Im stable at the moment, close to lethargic. I don’t know if i prefer my unstable mood swings or being dead alive. I could start to drink again, but my body protest against that solution, so i want.

1 Like

Congratulations Ever hopeful. Sounds positive.

2 Likes

Good for losing some weight @everhopeful!

1 Like