A Poem: Lemon

Put the sugar of denial
On the lemon of life
And take a big bite
That’s what a lie tastes like.

10 Likes

I don’t know. Lies aren’t a big deal to me.

I like Carl Sagan’s “Bologna Detector Kit”, it taught me about all the basic logical fallacies people use pretty regularly. It’s like a knife of truth that cuts through the rhetoric.

1 Like

What an interesting poem. :slight_smile:

Schizophrenia makes me enjoy the lemon and see how delicious and bright it is.

2 Likes
2 Likes

If you are delusional about something and tell a falsehood as a result is it a lie?

1 Like

Ironically, Carl Sagan faked his own death and moved to Gambia where he has lived for the last 15 years writing an advice column under the pseudonym “Johnny Smartbrain.”

2 Likes

I thought a lie kinda tasted like chicken.

1 Like

Does that ever bring back memories to me. I saw them in person back in the 60’s.

1 Like

Lies taste of blood because they make you bite your tongue.

3 Likes

Lies are bitter and make you bitter. If your denying something about life you will be attacked by the truth. We have so many chances to get it. It’s more sour to deny it than face it. You have a fighting chance with the accepted truth.

1 Like

Are dreams and unfulfilled ambitions lies?

2 Likes

They are visualisations of the mind, so in the minds eye they are real. :crazy_face:

Doesn’t count as lies :woman_shrugging:

Good question though…

Probably why I feel guilty about saying future affirmations out loud!

How to overcome that?

1 Like

No @naturallycured dreams are projected into the future and unfulfilled ambitions lie in the past. Well maybe…

1 Like

Love this!
Best poem ever x

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.