A painful morning

Lost 3 friends this year, two to suicide and one in a car accident. My wife’s friend also drowned and while I didn’t really know her that well, after the other deaths it was a pretty big blow. I woke up at 4AM with intrusive thoughts about the bodies and stronger voices than I’ve had in awhile. It’s just so painful.

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss

that sounds rough

are you on anti depressants?

1 Like

I’m on antipsychotics

you might need a better cocktail

if your’e experiencing pain in the form of depression, I mean.

3 Likes

Maybe, I’ve talked to my pdoc about it and she said I might have PTSD from it, but that just sounds so silly to me. There’s people that go through much worse.

What you are expressing is grief and depression that anyone would go through in your situation. You just have it harder with the illness added to it. It is important to grieve and feel the loss. You are in pain. I hope you feel better. It’s going to take some time! I went through so much when my little niece died of cancer. I still mourn her loss.

2 Likes

That sounds like a really rough time. Dont do the “others had it worse thing” to yourself. It is pretty normal to feel disturbed by something like this…it doesnt sound easy at all. Wish you lots of strenght to deal with this.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m sorry to hear about your niece.

Grieving is normal after such big losses. Let yourself grieve for a while. If it goes on a long time, then you might need an antidepressant. But being deeply sad after multiple deaths around you is 100% normal. If the voices get to you too much then call your pdoc and see what he suggests.

3 Likes

I agree with the others that grieving is a natural process after such a loss. However, if the thoughts and voices are bothering you it may be time to talk to your pdoc about upping or changing your meds. Let them know what’s going on, they can help you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.