A nice article on Introvert in my google news feed

Are You An Introvert? 7 Characteristics + What It Really Means (mindbodygreen.com)

4 Likes

I think I’m all of the types they list, but if I had to choose, prolly the thinking introvert.

1 Like

Same. I had social physics delusions / perceptions at one time and the introvert-extrovert difference in behavior was really striking to me. Not just my own but I would kind of see group dynamics like atomic physics: extroverts joining together introverts being repelled and joining together in smaller circles or going off alone. I would see extroverts reacting instantly to eachother and introverts sort of absorbing and internalizing. Hard to explain.

1 Like

Reminds me of the social functions corporate put on for us. Watching it all go on, not participating.

1 Like

I talk a lot since reducing my AP dose lol

2 Likes

The bigger the social scene I was in the more withdrawn I would become, that was part of the perception of physics going on i guess that since i was observing but so inside with my thoughts it was dreamlike. On a related note about social physics i had another delusion later on that there was an antischizophrenia plot that wasnt meant to be against schizophrenia but used the dimensions of schizophrenia by working against them to engineer a social physical reality that was a certain type of establishment like fascism. But really in a way extroverts are kind of fascist and introverts are kind of individualist

2 Likes

Same for me, I think it requires more social skills to socialize in a bigger group.

1 Like

I socialize ok with 1 or 2 friends but more than that I can’t as I feel left behind and alone.

1 Like

Sounds a lot like a “delusion” I constantly struggle with.

1 Like

Hey aziz i think you would be interested in tge dopamine connection mentioned in the article as well as the genetic predisposition to introversion. I wouldnt be surprised if sz is like a genetic variation towards introversion

1 Like

when I nerd out, in a small group, I´m the most extroverted of extroverts.

2 Likes

I found it interesting that they separete shyness, an emotion, from introvert. I guess from reading the article that extroverts are more motivated by the dopamine increase caused by social interactions while introverts are not. Its a personality trait. I don’t think taking dopamine would make someone extrovert, not sure. Maybe in the future they will have pills to change our personality like in Aldous Huxley story lol

1 Like

I think it was Brave New World. You make your kids in a lab where you choose their personality and intelligence level. There is a similar movie called Divergent where citizens are segregated according to their intelligence lvl.

1 Like

Definitely. I can go extrovert too.

2 Likes

Im not sure how dopamine works in the brain. I think its still a mystery to a large extent.

1 Like

Yes I think we still have a lot to discover about our brains. We found APs by luck and not through research.

1 Like

I can say it can. I’ve been quite chatty when taking dopamine before. I talk long winded, and about things no one cares about, to depths they don’t want to go, so it still has the same isolating effect.

I don’t take the dopamine anymore though.

3 Likes

So you talk less now? Maybe you’re an extravert? Idk I guess its possible that dopamine can make people extroverts. The only dopamine I took was a supplement LDopa.

1 Like

It would be awesome if dopamine made me more social honestly lol

2 Likes

I was using dopamine as a euphemism for hard drugs, uppers, to be more specific. But now I’m ousted.

But honestly, I mostly used while alone. I think you make a fair point. It’s something I’ll be thinking on.

2 Likes