Schizophrenia.com

A new revelation to me

Do people who seem to know what you think freak you out? They just only think the same way as you are, obviously, but that knowledge never stopped me feeling chilly and scared inside when I hear sb’s response exactly the same as the one I am thinking, but not saying it out loud. Even now, in remission, sometimes it scares the hell out of me. My partner says that he knows what I am thinking because of my facial expressions and body language. I trust him it’s true. Nevertheless I try not to hold inside any thoughts while with other people so then to prevent my paranoid thoughts to form. It’s my second nature now, just became a more open and outspoken person. That is my revelation. I always wondered how it happened. How from very closed and withdrawn person I used to be pre illness I have converted into main discussions leader during seminars or even lectures and other social occasions. And I Iike this person. I want her to stay. The end :blush: of course this reasoning may be a lot of crap and the real reason is totally different. “Are we overthinking things again…?” Somebody saves me! :triumph: ps. I am sorry you have wasted your time to read that pointless divagations… feelings of sympathy…

1 Like

That’s true. Hope things get easier for you.

1 Like

Well when you’re close with someone for a long while, you can get to know them in such a way that you can predict fairly well what they are thinking or feeling. Also commonly people will ‘sync up’ in some ways. My brother and I grew up together, and we are able to read each other so well that sometimes we have almost entire conversations with almost no words at all, because we know where each others’ minds are going, and then we know that each other knows, and where it goes after that. We probably seem crazy to others at times with how we can get each other laughing into stitches without hardly saying anything at all.

But there are some people who are good at getting to know people and reading them, and will use this ability in nefarious ways to manipulate and hurt others. But this is also why it’s such a good part of emotional self-defense to get comfortable being open and honest of your thoughts and feelings, and not afraid or ashamed of them. If you’re not afraid or ashamed of how you feel, then it doesn’t give others any power just by knowing your thoughts and feelings. You are already aware of your own true self and cool with it.

1 Like