Schizophrenia.com

A minor setback

Last night my voices were telling me that they were going to cut off my son’s toes, while I was trying to go to sleep. I haven’t had a violent or threatening auditory in a long time. It was little scary because any time that something like this happens, I am left to wonder if I’m going to go back into a full on psychosis. I don’t feel like that’s what’s happening, but I did have to talk myself out of believing the auditory this morning because a small part of me believed it.

The weirdest thing was during the auditory, I had a legitimate memory that was creepy as all get out. It’s going to stick with me for the day without a doubt.

1 Like

I think it was just that, a minor setback. I would keep an eye on the situation, but setbacks are common with SZ

2 Likes

I call them glitches. In the past I would really get upset about a glitch and panic and that would make it worse.

But these days I reassure myself it’s a glitch and I let it pass and I concentrate on something positive. It took a lot of help and practice to get to that point. I still have to hold on to someone at times and ask them to help talk me down.

But I’ve been getting better about not escalating a glitch.

2 Likes

I like that term J - Glitch. It sounds better more positive than setback - even minor setback

1 Like

I get a glitch in the matrix of the incredible mouse’s incredible brain sometimes, my infinitely unique brain likes to every once in a while tell me that my friends are wearing wires and trying to get me to say something incriminating. I just carry on, :skull: ■■■■ schizophrenia

1 Like

hope you have a better day today.
take care

1 Like

I’m sorry. My post asking about people growing up with unmedicated sz mother may have triggered this for you. I’m so sorry.

No worries, I don’t think that was the cause. I’m very open about that time of my life overall.

I’ve been under a lot of stress and feeling a little insatiable lately. I think that was the cause.

I hope you are feeling better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope all is well with you, take care!

1 Like

Thanks, I am! I’ve been fairly symptom free for the last couple of days until my son had a pretty bad asthma flare up today… The stress made my social anxiety hit the roof and I couldn’t look anyone in the eye. He’s better now and so am I. :slight_smile:

Hope all is well with you!

1 Like