A meta-analysis of the response to chronic L-dopa in patients with

2 Likes

Results: When L-dopa was added to antipsychotic drugs, the overall improvement was moderate ( d=0.71) and highly significant ( P<0.0001). There were 16 other studies in which L-dopa was added to antipsychotic drugs, but which did not meet criteria for inclusion in the meta-analysis. In these, worsening occurred in less than 20% of patients; the percentage of improved patients varied widely but had a central tendency around 50%.

Conclusions: . In patients already on antipsychotic drugs, the addition of L-dopa can be beneficial. Dopamine agonists merit further consideration as adjuncts to antipsychotic drugs in the treatment of schizophrenia.

2 Likes

I guess it works for me bcz Abilify worked for my negative symptoms and is a dopamine booster/agonist. So it might not work for everyone.
Its the only supplement that improved my negative symptoms. I expect partial dopamine agonists like Abilify, Caplyta, Vraylar and Rexulti will work for me. Vraylar will soon be available in Canada. I am waiting for Vraylar.

2 Likes

So did you decide to give up on Clozapine then Aziz? You are going to wait for Vraylar instead?

1 Like

Yea, I am going to use Ldopa until Vraylar becomes available. Its working but isn’t as effective as an actual med that boosts dopamine.

1 Like

I was in bed all day, took ldopa yesterday, today I was outside my house for 4hrs, exercised a bit etc

2 Likes

That’s good Aziz. I’m glad it’s helping you some. Hopefully “Soon” for Vrayler is not too far off .

2 Likes

Thanks @Bowens

2 Likes

Where do you buy ldopa?

1 Like

Mucuna Pruriens extract, get at least 15% LDopa, I got 99% but been only using 15% Ldopa Now brand. Amazon, iHerb, eBay, etc

2 Likes

Nice I think I’ll try it. For days when I am just toast and can’t really get myself to do anything.

2 Likes

I am taking l-dopa for medical purposes (prescribed l-dopa +carbidopa). It relaxes my muscles and prevents them from getting stiffer.

2 Likes

That you can only get with prescription, it boosts Ldopa effects.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.