Schizophrenia.com

A lot of us are on SSDI, thoughts on UBI? Universal Basic Income?

Personally I don’t think it will end civilization, but then again… Thoughts?

It will never happen. That’s one thing I’m confident about.

It would be competition for us.

2 Likes

Never heard of it.

3 Likes

If it ever happens, and I mean if, it should replace any form of welfare in my opinion. So SSDI wouldn’t even exist. But I don’t think it’s a very smart idea to begin with, and I don’t believe it will happen.

1 Like

I dont know where you live. It will never happen in the usa

3 Likes

To support Universal Basic Income, an increase in taxing the wealthiest 1% of the population would have to occur. However, with tax laws in the US being revamped, it’s highly unlikely taxes will be able to support or pay for all those who would qualify for UBI.

1 Like

I believe it may happen in 30-40 years.
Technology needs to advance a lot more with ai.

1 Like

Sure. If only a few people control 99% of wealth. Think asteroid mining.

1 Like

UBI will never happen. Only the fittest humans will survive while those unfortunate humans will perish. This is a law of nature.

1 Like

Didn’t they try this already? Don’t remember where. But I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to Google. But if I remember correctly when the news came back on the studies, it wasn’t successful.

2 Likes

Probably ends like elysium the movie…

1 Like

I’m just fed up with the inequality.

For me to be as rich as the richest, I would have to save every penny of my annual disability income for 13,444,170 years.

Does that seen fair ???

There is minimum wage, but there is no such a thing as a maximum wage.

1 Like

The wealthiest do not have a wage. They own shares, earn dividends and spend by withdrawing from the drawings account of their business(es).

The rich earn their income by a different set of rules; however, they still have to pay taxes.

2 Likes

Funny how the richest in the world payed no taxes for the second year.

2 Likes

They pay more in taxes for being more successful. We punish success.

3 Likes

I would rather say that financial success is taxed so that the redistribution of wealth is provided for all social economic classes.

2 Likes

There are loop holes in the tax code of every country which is why some rich people don’t pay their fair share of taxes.

2 Likes

Can anyone guess what Jeff Bezos’ salary was in 2018? Don’t google, just guess.

1 Like

I don’t know his salary but I do know his net worth is $118 billion USD.

1 Like

His salary was $81,840.

2 Likes