A lot going on

I moved out of my house and left my wife over a week ago. Before Thanksgiving. She got me suspended from this site a month or so ago.

I called an attorney today. 375 an hour and then I have to pay her retainer. Don’t know how much that’s going to be. They haven’t called me back about an appointment yet.

I am staying at my moms.

Tomorrow I interview for a part time aircraft mechanic job. I told the guy I am disabled and can only make like $1359 a month. He actually asked what my disability was. I don’t think that’s legal. I said PTSD. Wasn’t dare going to say schizophrenia. I worked for him before. I am not current anymore. It’s been over two years since I worked on aircraft. I have to work with someone for six months and then I can sign things off again.

6 Likes

Dang, that’s tough.

Glad you’re able to stay at your mom’s until things get more stabilized though.

Sounds like you’ve got some options as far as job choices go, which will help with financials and hopefully keep your mind busy with good things.

Hope things go smoothly for you, and the way you want them to go :+1:.

2 Likes

How she managed it?

She wouldn’t stay off my account.

2 Likes

Sorry @Phrogflyer, just get on your own feet again…

1 Like

Holy crap, that’s a lot of change. Sending you all the good vibes I can.

1 Like

Divorce is hard. It sounds like you have some good things going on though. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Sending you waves of power karma.

1 Like

Good luck to you. I hope things get better soon.

1 Like

My wife doesn’t want a divorce but I can’t go back home. She begged me to come stay the night with her tonight. She hates being alone.

The lawyer called me today. I have an appointment next Wednesday.

The interview went well. They want to get me on. Have to do a background check and take a urine test so it will probably be January before I start. They said they were busy this week and next week but they would get back to me the following week. I have to buy a new tool box. I have plenty of tools but the clasps on my toolbox broke and it cracked. It was a Craftsman but a piece of junk. I have a big roll around tool box but that’s too big to keep in the truck.

They said they wanted me to be available on the weekends at night. Not to cool with that but I may deal with it. I told them I prefer to work in the days. I worked for them before and they would call me at crazy times. I already had a full time job and wouldn’t answer so they stopped calling me. They work on airliners. Canadian Regional Jets mostly but we do see some bigger ones. We don’t have an international airport here. Not a very big airport. But they say they are busy here. Before they were paying me $28 an hour but I told them I can’t make more than $1470 a month next year. I told them when I get current I may consider going full time and come off of disability but I don’t think I really want to do that.

I have been going to bed every night at 730 since I left home. My wife won’t let me go to bed that early and sometimes she won’t let me go to bed at all. That’s why I left. I have to sleep.

6 Likes

That’s good news. Good luck @Phrogflyer.

1 Like

I see the lawyer next Wednesday. Talked to her on the phone and she asked me if we had a house and I said we had two. Then she asked me how many cars we had and I said six. Then she asked me if we own a business and I said yes.

She said this is going to be good.

I talked to another one last week on the phone and he just got down to business and said $5000 uncontested and $8000 contested.

The only thing I know about the one I am seeing on Wednesday is she is $375 an hour.

This is going to be expensive.

3 Likes

I saw the lawyer this morning. Have to put down $10,000 to get started. I don’t have 10 bucks. Much less ten grand.

2 Likes

Good for her or good for you???

:flushed:

2 Likes

I think I will be okay. I think I can get my house back. The lawyer said my wife has to get a job. She hasn’t worked in 28 years. She ain’t getting a job.

She can get half of my retirement but my disability is mine.

2 Likes

Wow $10,000 is a pretty good chunk of change. When my accident happened, my lawyer only got paid if we won the suit. That’s the way it should be

I don’t think anyone wins in a divorce. Different kind of case.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.