Schizophrenia.com

A little gift

I just got an expensive belgian chocolate biscuit tin from my neighbour for putting up with the building work from their extension. It has gone on awhile and has been annoying but it is almost finished.

I can’t eat the biscuits of course as they have gluten in and I come out in a rash from eating it, but how were they supposed to know that? Still the gesture is nice enough.

What to do with these scrumptious offerings now?,…

6 Likes

How sweet. You can give them to your clergy or mental health team.

4 Likes

That was thoughtful of them. I would regift them to someone who can have them. Do you have a good landlord or maybe someone who has helped you in the past? Family members or friends are also good options. I’m sure anyone will appreciate such an extravagant gift. Shoot, even your mail man may take them off your hands.

2 Likes

There is no such thing as a good landlord. :wink: A ‘good’ landlord is like the nazi prison guards profiting from an established regime.

Thanks for the other suggestions though. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Meh. Mine is good. I suppose that’s rare though.

2 Likes

Hey @labratmat, do you still do the stationary bike? For how long and at what resistance? Do you think there’s any point in doing it a lighter resistance

3 Likes

Yes I still have the bike. I haven’t used it in awhile though.

Do you get a sweat on and get out of breath at a lighter resistance? If you do, then it is still beneficial and still worth the effort. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I get a sweat on but I wouldn’t be out of breath, I can still talk and sing, should I make it harder?

2 Likes

It depends on your goals.

If you want to be super fit then pushing yourself harder is the way to go. If you are maintaining fitness and weight then the sweating shows your heart rate is up anyway.

Don’t blow yourself out with overdoing it though. You could get injured putting you out for weeks or you could lose motivation due to the effort it requires to maintain the push.

3 Likes

That was nice of your neighbors. Do you have a food pantry you could donate the rest to?

2 Likes

It has a best before june 21, so plenty of time to give them away yet. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Send them ALL to me! Lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.