A little disappointed

The results from all my psych testing finally came back today. I already talked about them some before, it basically didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know. A few items in it I even found to be completely inaccurate (such as lack of enthusiasm and morale for work which may hurt my job performance?? I’m known for being really enthusiastic and hard working in any job I do I’m really intrinsically driven so I don’t know where they got that from…). One thing that made me a bit disappointed was at the end they recommended what type of therapy was best for me and basically said that I just need regular maintenance/symptom upkeep sessions and shouldn’t be doing therapies that involve a lot digging or introspection. That was the primary thing I’d been working on in therapy since I got here and for the past couple years.

It seemed to further convince my therapist that emdr and what we had more recently started, inner child work or whatever, was not a good choice for me and could make things worse. It’s true that delving into those things can be really triggering for me but it’s the only way I can process those feelings that were buried forever. I feel like I made so much progress from where I was doing that. So I don’t know how I feel about that.

The wording is “Her profile suggests that frequent brief “management” therapy contacts may be helpful in structuring her activities. Insight-oriented or uncovering therapies may be difficult for individuals with this profile and may actually exacerbate the problems”

Sorry @Anna. My pdoc doesn’t like the delving into the past either. I thought those things were important to talk about and I am still upset about a lot of the things that happened in the past. My mom says that that is why I am sick because I can’t let go of the past…

My psych tests came out all over the place and very weird. I was getting tested for minor cognitive impairment that you would see in early dementia. (Luckily I don’t have that!) So they were doing more intelligence and memory testing. I had some really good scores and some low average scores. I am weird is the result of the tests :smiley: Plus the psychologist giving them thanked my neurologist for the “interesting referral”!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.