A great car

We have this American show here, Pawn Stars, in one episode they were buying and selling these classic cars in some auction in Florida and the prices of these classic cars were very high, 50000 - 100000 USDs or more, I am quite sure that many classic car people are very interested in these cars in Cuba.

Somebody has another nice Porsche, it is fun to take photos of the results of other people’s hobbies, in this case their auto restoration projects … I have seen many more classic cars driving, but they have not stopped and so I could have not taken photos …photo taking is my hobby …

2 Likes

North American ‘car culture’ is something else! Here’s something from an event I was a volunteer photographer at last month:

That’s a highly modified 1968 Peterbilt semi-truck doing a burnout just prior to a bracket race. That truck was actually faster than a few of the dragsters! I can’t imagine spending that much money on a vehicle.

2 Likes

They have these similar trucks in the classic car show in this week in one city near my town. I would love to go to this show, but I have just my bicycle and I do not want to ride tens of kilometers to go there. But it would be fun. One person in one company in 1997 (20 years ago) said that Americans live in cars. :smile:

Generally only when they’re homeless in my experience. They DO seem to derive a lot of their self-worth from the vehicles they own. I bought a new(ish) car recently, but my current goal is to see how long I can go without driving it. Currently up to week three. I live in a small town where most everything is within walking distance.

In many ways people here are similar with Americans, they have nice cars, nice BMWs, nice Mercedes-Benzes, many people have nice SUVs, people like cars here, I have had some autos in the past, but now I do not need any car. Have seen nice Corvettes, Camaros, new Porsches and so on … one celebrity paid over 320000 euros for one rare car, it was in the news …

It would be nice to be able to do without vehicles. They sure cost a fortune for the amount of use they get. Unfortunately, with a teen daughter… Sigh.

In a car dealership very near my house, there is on sale a Porsche Cayenne S for 15 000 Euro. Its black, has a 340 Horsepower engine, black leather seats. Many nice stuff included like navigation, glas roof, Bose sound system with very nice radio/tuner, bord computer, 20 inch alu rimms, electric and heated seats with memory function, electic and heated mirrors, parking assistance, etc. etc. Its twelve years old the car but looks extremely well kept, also has a service book that shows its been well kept. I am in love with this car.

1 Like

Another classic car …

3 Likes

Classic Volvo …

3 Likes

Ur town is full of cars and bikes …mj …get urself a car …!!!

In the past I had a few cars, but now I do not want to have a car, I like to take photos of other people’s cars, especially these restored old classic cars.

1 Like

I love images of public transportation more than cars @mjseu

1 Like

https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbu2zy0XSP1qbw2r6o1_500.jpg
This is a Plymouth Roadrunner.

4 Likes

https://www.supercars.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/1967_shelby_cobra-pic-3528941083313090031.jpeg
This is a Shelby Cobra 427

5 Likes

Some young man has a nice looking car …

3 Likes

Another big classic American car …

4 Likes

I’m banned from posting certain things because the moderators put my profile into new member mode. I have a 2011 scion tc and a 2002 harley 883xlr sportster. I love them both but I haven’t been riding my motorcycle yet this season. I prefer to ride in fall honestly, but I love my car to death-it’s not a super car but it really was a good decision…except for:

the low profile tires always pop in the pot holes in my illinois hometown. There are many potholes and we don’t have the money to fix our roads. So I’m always swerving avoiding the potholes on the road so my tires don’t have to be replaced they’re expensive.

1 Like

http://www.autoguide.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2015_Scion_tC_RS9_001_Main.jpg
This is a Scion tc be kind to one another

3 Likes

More old and classic cars I have seen in my little town, there are quite many …

2 Likes