A few days ago

My mom called me because i told my dad it was upsetting me that he still calls me my birth name and be she. My mom said theyre getting too old, that ill lose them and regret treating them like this, that i was born a girl despite me saying i felt i waa born a boy, and then wanted an apology from me for hurting her feelings when i got top surgery and when i said no absolutely not i will not apologize for doing what i want with MY body she hung up on me.

2 Likes

And then messaged me and acted like i had perceived the situation wrong. My fiance heard the whole thing i did not perceive it wrong. Im tired of being gaslit

1 Like

And boom im in psychosis and ptsd flashbacks

1 Like

Drama. Sounds like drama to me

It is drama… That doesnt mean it isnt stressful

2 Likes

it sounds stressful yea =/
sorry you going through that!

1 Like

It’s hard for parents to accept drastic changes sometimes. If you fully transition, they will be mourning the loss of a daughter. But, they will also be gaining a son. Just remember it’s not always easy on parents. They need to get on board obviously, but I’d try to be understanding of them as well

I hate that rhetoric! I used to think that but i realized im still the same person they didnt lose anything. Its their fault for placing expectations on me

1 Like

Ok. I’m sorry for upsetting you

That’s ■■■■■■■■. It’s not hard to accept that their kid is still their kid. Nothing changed. You’re who you want to be. And if you’ve already had top surgery it’s not like they haven’t had a chance to accept it. They’re just being jerks. I’m sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.