A failing musician

Too tense to keep the beat. It’s easy IF I relax.

2 Likes

I play guitar, and I’m fairly good at staying on beat :slight_smile: .

What instrument do you play @PinCushion ?

2 Likes

giphy

more%20cowbell

2 Likes

Piano, violin and horn mainly. Had to learn the basics of all the instruments in school but don’t ask me to play them now…

3 Likes

If you love what you do then never give up until you master it. There are times that we will doubt our capacities, but sometimes we need to wake up and strive to do better. Please don’t give with your passion to music if you really love it. Learning is a never-ending process.

3 Likes

I feel a conflict in the idea “Never stop relaxing”. Like there’s a tense fight involved.

2 Likes

My music teacher has me count out loud all the time as I play. I have been studying piano performance for the last twelve years and I never counted out my music until last year because I always thought that it was too hard to concentrate on fingering, reading the music, and counting at the same time. People tell me that they have noticed a great improvement in my playing since I have begun counting out the beats. I do it almost without thinking now.

That’s one thing I have to learn how to do more: relax.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.