A drug-free future?

Well it is looking like my schizophrenia is gone and I will be able to come off Clozapine completely and live drug-free. I have dropped from 150 to 62.5mg over the last couple of months and apart from some withdrawal symptoms that have now gone I am doing okay. My doctor says that he has never had anyone else manage it - he basically called me a statistical annomaly. I am feeling a lot more sensitive and alert and am able to start getting things done and making decisions so much faster and more easily. But I now have perspective back and am seeing the big picture again. I feel quite horrified about some of the things I have said and done whiltst in a clozapine haze. Plus I feel really gutted about how some of my family members completely failed to be of any support at all. I feel like I have woken up after a 13 year slumber and I am now taking stock of my life. Also recognising where I would probably be if this had never happened is kinda sad. But off clozapine I no longer have to have monthly blood tests and go to the clininc and get weighed and collect and pay for medication. And a big plus is that I am able to travel without huge drama with the drug company to collect meds. I am just so looking forward to being off the the stuff completely. I really hope I can do it. T.

5 Likes

I get it! Meds don’t do everything. We have to be willing to take control in order to grow. I realize that a lot of us need medication, but some of us don’t. Especially if we were schizophrenic before the actual diagnosis of schizophrenia. The meds were a great thing for me in the short term! But I definitely don’t want to encourage anyone to get off meds if they are helping living a normal functional life. I couldn’t live a functional life on them. I had no awareness.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.