A couple weeks ago I hung out with a friend from High School

And I learned a lot of things about myself from him. A lot of things that I gave myself a hard time about, he had the same thing going on for him as well. And it was probably a good thing, not a bad thing, the thing I gave myself a hard time about. But it was an interesting experience. He’s a musician and is on a cruise in a band right now but we’ll hang out again in june. I should have hung out with him sooner.

2 Likes

Also he said to me “Oh you look the same as you did in high school” and I said “not older at all?” and he’s like “maybe a little older but you look like the same guy” or something. I always thought my look has changed a lot since high school. Maybe I just look older lol.

Pretty much so many of my insecurities have been debunked.

2 Likes

I’m really glad you got to have that experience. And it is good you got to see yourself through his eyes and gain the understanding of how you had surprisingly similar experiences. I wish you could have shared your similarities with each other at the time. But maybe it is better that it happened now. As kids we are often kind of stupid.

There is a friend I remember in HS and college that, for years, I wished I had the balls to look up again so I could just see how she is doing. She always kind of amazed me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.