A car killed our dog

But I feel nothing. Should I feel guilty?

I really loved that dog.

It’s the cynicism that comes with schizophrenia. Grief will come eventually.

I’ve been crying a lot recently, with the mildest of prompting, where before I couldn’t cry at frustrating news, only feel annoyed.

1 Like

Yes, I have apathy

sorry to hear about your dog.

my first dog got hit by a car when I was young and I cried all day. it was my fault, I encouraged him to run because he was an active breed, but he ended up getting in the street

our second dog was real gentle and would never run. he died of old age when I was in my twenties, I didn’t feel anything at that point. I don’t want anymore dogs.

1 Like

im sure thats a bit of an overstatement probably right? i mean were grown men were not going to instantly break down into fit of crying over the death of an animal but i think its normal to have some sadness. I think we schizophrenics just dont express it, or are so used to repressing unimaginable pain that we dont change outwardly. Im sure if you thought about it youd cry but youre probably just blocking it out

1 Like

Everyone’s reaction to loss is different. There’s no right way to react, so don’t feel guilty. It sounds like it could be your sz.

I’m sorry you lost your dog.

5 Likes

I also worry that I will not show emotion when needed. But because we are worried about that it shows we have emotion

1 Like

Yes, I know that I should have emotions, but I don’t have. Makes me feel like a zombie, like an inhuman being, cruel and evil

1 Like

We are not psychopaths. They are right we are too used to repressing difficult emotions so it seems harder to get sad. I’m sure it will resonate with you at some point

1 Like

I already miss her. I miss her barking. My grandma cried

1 Like

sometimes you don’t have to cry to be sad, or depressed

sorry for your loss. I love dogs.

2 Likes

She must’ve been a good dog. My mother loves our dog she loves all animals, they have such a connection with her because she treats them with such compassion

1 Like

The best dog. And some months ago, a car killed our best and most beloved cat

1 Like

I’m sorry @Om_Sadasiva

1 Like

Dogs are wonderful animals,so loyal and caring

1 Like

How the frick did that happen? Was the dog small? Was it dark outside? How do you not notice an animal when you’re driving? How did he not feel or hear the dog being hit? Did he just decide to run over the poor animal?

2 Likes

No, it was noon. It was a big dog.
Here they go very fast with cars

Sorry for your loss @Om_Sadasiva
You might be feeling nothing because you are perhaps in shock and it’s making you numb. Or it could be the sz affecting your emotions
Time is the best healer for grief

1 Like

sorry for your loss:(

1 Like