9-11 2001 where were you?

At that time I worked at night and slept daytime. So that I knew the attack very late the day after. People were afraid of a world war. The inside job theory was my first feeling.

1 Like

I heard it was an inside job too. But 9-11 is Muslim New Year. Perhaps that’s why Muslim extremists attacked that day. The USA should’ve seen this coming

We sent electronic claims to a bcbs client. We all of a sudden, got errors… they weren’t sent. Eerie as heck!

1 Like

I was at home but only one month earlier I was to New York.

Science class, 8th grade. The teacher turned on the TV and stopped class and we just watched. I didn’t understand how much of a big deal it was until I got home and found out my aunt worked there. She called in sick that day, thank goodness for colds. The next day at school, I discovered what it meant to be one of the only 2 Arab kids in the school. The other one was my cousin, and we got much closer in that time.

5 Likes

At my workplace. I had the TV on the news and saw it. Terrible and life changing.

1 Like

Senior year of high school English composition class. I still remember when the second plane hit. Lots of signing up for the military talks for weeks afterwards. Some peers wanted me to join the Marines with them. Didn’t do it.

2 Likes

I was just sitting in front of the tube and it came on. Over and over all day. I wore a rut in my brain but kind of without emotion, OH NO. and then another war probably. I’m tired of wars. How horrid when the buildings came down. The way they make them so tall is to tie eveything together into a tight structure not rigid, not to be broken. America now hated for her sins!

I was playing hooky from high school senior year and I saw it on the news.

I had just woken up and was going up the stairs where my dad was watching the news. He told me what happened and we just watched all day in shock and grief.

1 Like

I think I was a bit psychotic because I was still pretty symptomatic back then.

I can’t remember much therefore but I think I was in my apartment in Sweden with my dog I had then.

I had a mosque underneath my apartment or a meeting for prayer room for the local Muslims in my area I lived in back then.

I was in the same apartment when tzunami happened and Swedish people were killed too.

Sad stuff and scary stuff.

Jr year of HS in Spanish class

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.