9-11 2001 where were you?

I was working doing building work watching it live on the news TV channel

1 Like

Waking up watching the college empty out.
Went to see at Mom’s. Really horrible. I was 20. :heart: breaking.

1 Like

According to my mom I was at pre k. I don’t remember.

1 Like

I was at work getting ready to clock in

1 Like

On the bus going to the pdoc.

1 Like

Idk, was like 2. My mom said I was watching Teletubbies.

2 Likes

I was at work when I got the news.

1 Like

I was in preschool, don’t remember it

I had just come home from school. I turned on the TV to watch my shows, and instead of my shows there was this live news footage of the Twin Towers just having been hit by a plane. I was gonna switch channels, because I didn’t know how significant it was a the time, but then the second plane crashed and the whole thing exploded!
I was only 11, but somehow I knew something big had just happened.

2 Likes

High school web design class.

I was at home with my babygirl. She was 18mo old at the time. We watched the second plane hit on our tv in our living room. It was a scary time for sure.

1 Like

It was my first half day back to work after breaking my C6 C7 T1 ribs arm and wrist and head injury from a near fatal car accident. They sent us all home.

I watched the news all day, and visited and talked to friends and family.

2 Likes

Was at college working a summer job in the library. This was before mobile phones were common. A colleague got a message via landline phone to switch on tv.

We didn’t have a tv in the library so we logged online. Saw the second plane. This was the ‘where were you when you heard Kennedy was shot’ moment of my generation

2 Likes

Still a kindergartener at that time…

6th grade math class

They called us to an assembly.

1 Like

Even though Im 30 now I have no ■■■■■■■ clue. Does that mean I have a bad memory?

1 Like

I was in hospital very ill

1 Like

Sophomore year college, Gender Sex and Society class.

I was at work. That day (I did credit screening for new phone service in NJ) we got a deluge of calls from NJ people trying to get landlines hooked up bc they couldn’t reach their families in NYC.

1 Like

I was teaching in a behavioral school

and for some reason that morning we had the t.v. on,
something we never did, so we all watched it live

I was really freaking out with emotion, “Why are they coming down?!!”

so much conspiracy around this.

1 Like