7 years sober. 7 years out of hospital

I just got lucky with abilify. It’s kept me out of hospital for 7 years. But it would be no big deal if I had to go in again. If you have to be in hospital, then so be it. Being out of hospital for 7 years is just a fun fact.

I got lucky with AA and they helped me quit booze. I had a relapse on booze 7 years ago while psychotic, so that reset my record.

24 Likes

congrats on 7 years sober and out of the hospital!

2 Likes

I got lucky with Haldol but of late I think I might be washing it out of my system due to my polydipsia.

Considering the hospital to get away from the constant work we find to fill the hours… sad to say… and sucky is that I’m deterred because I don’t want to go on the nicotine patch.

Probably just venting…

1 Like

Congratulations @everhopeful! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

7 years! Awesome!

3 Likes

Congratulations on your sobriety @everhopeful!!

2 Likes

Alcohol is the worst. I don’t like it.

I haven’t drank in 4.5 years. Drinking again would be a huge mistake.

1 Like

Congratulations @everhopeful

1 Like

Congrats on two counts @everhopeful!! Good on you. Here’s to another 7 years (raises a glass of sparkling cider)!

1 Like

Huzzah dude!

That’s a heck of an accomplishment, be proud.

1 Like

Right on! Congrats!

2 Likes

Nice one, everhopeful, very happy for you

1 Like

Congratulations :clap::clap:

1 Like

I think we in the program get too hung up on the length of the record. It’s not a race or a contest. If you’re able to live a good sober life in the day you’re in, that’s what counts the most.

Cheers mate.

:heart:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.