60 year study shows schizophrenia is likely an infection caught in mother’s womb

@laros

When I was off medication my third eye (the space Just above my eyebrows) was swollen up . I’m sure that’s inflammation. But many things can cause inflammation.

I had very bad ear infections as a baby.

Thank you for sending this to me. I shared it to my mom lol.

1 Like

Interesting…there may be something to this study. I almost died in utero as I was two weeks overdue. Was exposed to bacterial infection - swallowed meconium. Had to have lungs pumped twice and was in NICU.

1 Like

I believe psychosis is highly trauma-related and psychodevelopmental. But that’s just my experience and my research. For your study, I have a thousand more studies to throw at you regarding this. The point is not to say this is incorrect or unimportant, but to say that there’s a thousand theories for the how’s and why’s of schizophrenia, and no concrete proof. So, in short, I read the research, say “hmmm that’s interesting”, and move one.

2 Likes

I call baloney on this one.

I believe the cause of schizophrenia is a combination of genetics, environment and in some cases, trauma.

3 Likes

I think the same, genetics and environmental stress. These are the biggest causes according to Wikipedia.

1 Like