30 yo living at home in the news

Thoughts? Opinions?

Full disclosure, I’m somebody in my late thirties living at home. :frowning: But I help with bills and stuff and try to pull my weight by doing chores and such. Still, I’d respect my mom’s wishes if she wanted me out. I’d just need some time to prepare.

3 Likes

I think if you’re not disabled and don’t have to live with your parents 30 yo is too old to live at home. I don’t judge disabled ppl

2 Likes

Is this the guy whose parents took him to court?

1 Like

I mean, I saw the guy in an interview, and he obviously had some issues… I dunno if he’s just a run of the mill dufus or if he has some kind of developmental disability.

I think that’s what ghostchimp is talking about

2 Likes

Yeah, I was talking about him.

1 Like

I agree with Loke, if you’re a normie then it’s a bit old to be living at home with parents. If you have a severe disability or illness such as sz then it’s understandable.

2 Likes

I love my parents very much, and I love my place.
I want to live my parents at this place for as long as possible, hopefully for at least 15 more years.

3 Likes

Who cares if you live with your parents ? Maybe your mom/parents wants you to live with them … maybe their house is big enough … maybe your family is close … maybe your family sticks together …maybe that is how yall want it… maybe that is family tradition… maybe that is what is best… maybe tht is what works for y’all… maybe it’s nobodies business…
NOT TO MENTION !!! Plenty of prominent and successful families live together… MULTI GENERATIONAL FAMILIES ARE EXTREMELY HEALTHY and RECOMMENDED… Royal families live together, do they not ?

7 Likes

I’m 26 and I still live at home. I used to live on my own but I didn’t like it. My parents welcomed me back with open arms. I pay my share of the rent with my disability money. I also help around the house as much as I can.

2 Likes

Whats wrong with it? You help your parents and they help you. It is called efficiency and cooperation.
I will live with my parents until they die.
People abandon their parents in retirement homes and they think they are better, more mature but they are only selfish and subhuman.

2 Likes

I’m 37 and if I had the choice I’d go and live with my mum again. So much easier to split the bills between us and being close to each other. But then I’ve lived on my own since 19 and never really had time as an adult living with my parents

1 Like

It’s only in the news because his parents want him out and he wouldn’t go.

Lots of people that age still live with their folks by mutual agreement.

2 Likes

I’m hoping like heck that my daughter isn’t afflicted with my illness. Should she be, or some other condition that makes it too difficult to live on her own, my wife and I would welcome her back with open arms. Most parents would do this. I think the young fellow in the news has abused his parents generosity for too long and is getting what is coming to him.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.