3 AP's 3 Months (Nearly)

Amisulpride, Clozapine and Flupentixol.

Each one has failed me.

My AP list of tried now exceeds 10

I am not going to allow any further experiments with my body

Now on, I am going to try and tolerate myself better without them

I was a total zombie on Risperdal for 3 months, then Clopixol for 2 years and then Olanzapine for almost a year. I’m on Abilify 25mg for the past 10 years and I’m doing better. I get relapses on Abilify but I’m sticking with it cause it’s the best med for me.

1 Like

@Fellowman how do you feel on abilify. Do you have emotions? Are you able to concentrate? Do you have emotions? Do you have motivation to do things? Do you work fulltime?

@Treter . I have some emotions but I have’nt cried in more than 15 years. I do not work since 2011. I try to do a little every day. I have lack of motivation but it is better than on Clopixol or Olanzapine. My concentration is poor but I think it is sz related and not the Abilify.

@Joker, i can be wrong, but your sz doesnt seem too severe…
On me too, theyve tested all the possible aps here on the market, i did only that for the last 10 years and hoping on them. Ive tried 13 aps, one doc said, that i even tried too many, that they smashed me…
Look, i dont trust very much the psychiatry for some of us, for all, that we have… We need some meds, ok, they even help, but some cases are different. Personnally, ive chose the least bad ap on me, the one, that wasnt making me cfrazier than i am and the one, which keeps me on my feet… It is the zyprexa for me. It never helped a lot my mental though, you know? I take it since 6 years and i dont believe, that itwill help more. But it eased a bit my paranoia and i am on my feet, even though, that sometimes still, i am isolating a lot still…
Maybe choose the one, that its most helpful and rely on you too now? idk if i am of a good advice…
But on me, the aps never healed my mental very much tbh, not even my somatics… i tried ads too and they didnt take away my sadness and my pain. I fight now, as never before. But yeah, choose the one maybe which helps a bit and then try with efforts…
I cant take meds for all of my symptoms, i would have been a walking pharmacy if i do this… With bunch of side effects too… I suffer still, but i am working on it and its doable too.
We need some meds, but dont expect all from them i guess…

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware that Schizophrenia was split into levels like Autism is now

Oh, my current pdoc mentioned something about stages yeap tbh…
I wish you to be better, joker :hugs:!
Continue seeking for the most helplful med, but me too now i am obliged to fight a bit mainly by myself in lots of things yet…
For my docs, its already a success, that i am on my feet, not crippled in bed… so i am for the meds too… but i isolate still tbh… but well, i have my somatoform disorder as well, one of my reasons to need to hide still…

I hear you . they dint know what to do with me i lost it a while back ago im bleeding from my eye too. Im crying because my brother is not ok hes suffering a lot i wish you well joker youre the best stay safe

in my case, the treatment for my Negative symptoms has failed, but I haven’t given up yet, I haven’t tried everything for the Negative symptoms yet, I know I still have a chance of getting better, let it be at least 50%. I wish you all the best and that you can trust your treatment more.