2nd place also has value

People can get the idea that if you weren’t the winner, you were forgotten and had no validation. But, if you think about it, anyone who enters the contest has been working and has value in the field.

5 Likes

There was a guy called @ATARI on here. They always used to say if you try your best, that’s good enough.

2 Likes

You’re right . Actually I think a lot of people forget about being well rounded. With social media and stuff it’s easy to think everyone’s life is perfect…but ultimately we all have 24 hours in a day and where you invest that time is where you will see results. A person who is the number 1 Track star may not be well rounded in other areas just because it takes so much effort to be number one at something…

Balance and well rounded ness is the most rare thing in my opinion. Excess is easy. Balance takes tact and patience. If I were a kingdom I’d rather have a 10 foot wall all around than a 40 foot wall on one side and the other sides completely open.

well roundedness is a rare virtue.

1 Like

Yes, but have you ever felt the threat of being replaced at your job because someone better came along? That happened to me.

3 Likes

If you put in your best you can walk away proud of yourself.

3 Likes

Something i learned in business is that some people are ultra competitive. I chose to quietly stay under the radar and happily take 2nd :wink:

3 Likes

and pennylessly out on the street.

Bah. I’ve won promotions and I’ve lost out on promotions. I learn from the setbacks and apply that knowledge to the next success. Just gotta keep rolling.

1 Like

**but when we fail to give our best, we simply haven’t met the test, of giving all and saving none, until the game is really won.

Of showing what is meant by grit, of playing through when others quit; of playing through not letting up, it’s bearing down that wins the cup.**

One of my favourite poems

2 Likes

You expirenced that?
That is my worst fear if I get older, cause I don’t have anyone to watch over me…

1 Like

That happened in the black swan
That’s a good psychosis movie too.

1 Like

Yes- I never lost my rented room but I had no job and had to accept unemployment and welfare. I worked as I could, waitressing, substitute teacher, and a clerk. When SSI was established, I was found to qualify. I desperately missed my job.

2 Likes

What about last place?

1 Like

I think last place is special. This person surely knew they were not skillful yet here they are giving it a shot.

3 Likes

spreading immature wings and not quite ready to fly.

1 Like

Chordy, I’m sorry for things that happened to you…
At this moment I have room and bathroom…

I worked from age of 16,and all jobs were tough, embarassing sometimes, and it ruined my health.
What hurts me the most, no one in family thought of my future…
Now I live of small pension and charity, and it’s not gonna last long…
There is a place near the city where people can live under drs supervision and bed and food…
But I must find someone to pay for that…

I am sorry for your situation. My problems are mostly in the past. I live in a good group home and get social security now…

1 Like

You’re attacking from a different direction.

:blush:

2 Likes

“If ya aint first yer last”

Ricky Bobby ~ Taledega nights

:red_car: :oncoming_automobile:

1 Like

In this case, I should try for other options. “Basically if you lost your mind then its better to change the option.”
After schizophrenia at first I changed the option of my wife. (I was unable to marry with the girl in love.)
Second i changed my home town. Now I am living in other town.
At present I am in the process of changing my career options.
In future, I should change my country.
“I have lost my mind definitely.”