24th homicide

In Manitoba already this year. Each year the numbers get worse. I feel safe in my town but the city doesn’t feel safe at all. And my 19 year old daughter lives there.

1 Like

Are they random, drug related or gang related? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Majority are gang related or domestic

1 Like

Per capita we have the highest murder rate in Canada.

1 Like

So could you say that unless your part of a gang, you will be okay? :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

2 Likes

True. I try not to place my fear on my daughter

1 Like

It doesnt seem high compared to other places you could live in.

1 Like

Very true. I keep sending my daughter ads of places to rent in nice neighborhoods.

1 Like

I was hoping if I told you that you wouldn’t worry so much.

1 Like

I will worry less if she is in a nice neighborhood. She currently lives at my brothers house which is an amazing area but she spends 2 hours on the bus to get to work. I want her to live in the artsy area because she is very talented.
Thank you for encouraging me. I’ll try to worry less. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Tijuana had 2,519 homicides in 2018. I still go there from time to time. I think Manitoba is a lot safer.

2 Likes

My town has had zero murders this year. I’m not sure about the twin cities or a town up north I used to live in. But you never know. Hopefully your daughter can move somewhere safer and give you peace of mind.

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m from Toronto and we have pretty bad gun violence here

1 Like

I read of a recent shooting in Toronto. That was saddening to hear especially after they won the NBA championship… and i’m a Golden State Warriors fan. According to Google though Toronto is one of the safest cities to live in. I sure hope it doesn’t get bad. Each time I go to Tijuana I learn of another acquaintance who was murdered. It is pretty bad there because of all the drug traffickers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.