24 hours without a cigarette

It’s been just about 24 hours without a smoke.

Im feeling anxious, having trouble breathing and heart palpitations.

6 Likes

I’m rooting for you. I hope you quit for good. It’s one of the hardest things to quit nicotine.

3 Likes

Thanks Rox!

Keep going, I think the anxiety will subside.

4 Likes

I hope so.

2 Likes

Good job! :partying_face: :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you :grin::grin:

1 Like

Wow! Keep it goin dude! :slight_smile:

Just put one foot in front of the other…

1 Like

It’s a nasty chemical that really doesn’t do much but feed an addiction. Yeah. The cognitive gains don’t stop you being a hopeless addict but it’s a really good thing giving up that nicotine.

I got off on the medical model via the champix/chanitix and it was so easy after 25 years of hopeless addiction…Breaking up butts to smoke the nicotine was enough for me. I couldn’t afford to smoke anymore.

2 Likes

remember your body’s oxygen supply is increasing which will give anxiety I think.

2 Likes

Best of luck to you with quitting!

Soon I’ll also try again. Smoking addiction is a terrible thing. It creates so much stress for example if you don’t get morning cigarette.

It’s better to quit, feel strange for 1 month (bc of cravings) rather smoke for life and spend money and health on a very unhealthy and unnecessary thing.

3 Likes

The winter warlock! Haven’t seen that in a while.

1 Like

It’s the same motion as thumb sucking - hand to mouth. And has some of the same soothing qualities. I wish you could just substitute your thumb for a smoke. Unfortunately, we get inhibited about that. But congratulations on the 24 hours. A nice start.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.