20 years old Choose to study or choose to work

I think there was a misinterpretation from Hong Kong and China.

1 Like

为什么你不回答我的问题?你是不是中国人吗?请你写中文。

There are rigorous qualification exams in high school namely Gaokao (高考) in China that determine which Universities will accept you. Otherwise, Chinese students will go overseas to places like the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand… etc. to get their education.

1 Like

That’s very interesting.

Forget about China, in America if you are from an extremely poor family and you have schizophrenia, life is very hard. Maybe you can take an online class in programming and find freelancing jobs doing programming. Or find some other free library programming classes. You can take clients from all over the world.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure how it works in China but in the US what I’ve found is if you want a job that makes 60k+ salary GENERALLY you need to get a degree. If you don’t have a degree it’s still possible but I feel they tend to be unicorn jobs, or ones you basically have to hope to “make it big” in. Trade school is a viable option and you can make a decent liveable salary off many trades. I’m also not saying EVERYONE who gets a degree is guaranteed a job that makes 60k or more bucks, at all. Just if you want the best chance.

Now if you don’t care about statistically significantly improving your chances at having a higher salary, then I would definitely recommend going straight into work, preferably some sort of 1-2 year trade school first as again these are some of the highest paying jobs you can get without a bachelor’s degree. If you go into minimum wage you’re creating a future of poverty for yourself.

Again this is all off of the US, and comes from basic statistics, not speaking for everyone’s experience. It’s a very controversial topic in this country right now (mostly due to outrageous college expenses) and gets a lot of folks riled up.

2 Likes

Construction if you’re in a union pays well.

Ya, I would go with the programming route but I don’t know how it is in china.

1 Like

There are technical trades schools that teach apprenticeship, journeyman & other skilled labour positions. Electricians, carpenters, plumbers, machinists, mechanics and a whole host of other types of employment are possible. These are all blue collar jobs.

However white collar jobs like doctors, accountants, lawyers, engineers… etc. require a degree or graduate degree which only the elite can attain.

1 Like

I guess your situation is very difficult as you said your legs are deformed. I wish this isn’t true, otherwise I can’t see what kind of jobs suit for a physically disabled schizophrenics. Hope you type Chinese then I can understand you better.

中国老乡,这个论坛上的老外们除了极个别有工作有收入,其余的基本上都是靠领政府残疾人津贴过日子的。他们除了给你一些建议外,别的什么都帮不了你。中国国内有一个“康复者”论坛,都是些精神疾病患者,相互鼓励相互支持,你不妨去看看。这个论坛的网址是:
www.kangfuzhe.org

2 Likes

Yes It’s International common law.This is true in many countries.But I’m not sure if in the meantime I use my savings at home and if I have to learn to recapture it, it would be a catastrophe for the family

谢谢了.我或许该参加某些职业培训.我之前在酒店学习过厨师.但是我的记性不太好.记不住做菜的方法.有没有一些不太要求快速利用大脑的.如果大脑反映迟钝.有没有工作可以适合.

2 Likes

@Maximum 你做厨师都好了。希望没有很大的压力。如果你的记性不太好,没有工作适合。我自己的没有工作。每天我在家里上网。你告诉 @green5 你的问题因为你们两个一起在大陆。她可能帮助你。我在加拿大。

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.