2 months of delusions, hallucinations, speech impairment, disorganized behavior, and negative symptoms

Hi I’m 13 years old and I have been experiencing all 5 schizophrenic symptoms, but only for 2 months, not 6. Any thoughts? I’ll provide more details right below.

HALLUCINATIONS:
I personally have heard auditory and visual hallucinations (even some tactile). I hear people shouting my name, I hear screaming, mumbling, old radios, TV’s, bombs, gunshots, etc. As for visual, I see people walking by and staring, chasing me, etc. usually they disappear within seconds. But once in a while they don’t. The other day for example I was on the freeway, and it was dark and snowy. I saw a shadow of a person with a knife on the side of the freeway, and he followed us for 30 straight minutes.

DELUSIONS:
My delusional thinking is all persecutory. I genuinely believe people are after me and that I am being watched. I believe that. But about half of the time, I am so swept up in the idea that I don’t speak, look at people, and I am just so unable to function. People are following me and I don’t think that has anything to do with schizophrenia.

DISORGANIZED SPEECH/THOUGHT:
Sometimes I can’t speak and think at all. Sometimes I go off topic, and sometimes people can’t understand a word I am saying. It has also effected things like handwriting. It is taking me FOREVER to type this in a way that makes sense.

CATATONIC BEHAVIOR:
This one is not that severe but I sometimes stay in the same position for hours, sometimes I make random movements that are repetitive, sometimes I wander for no reason, etc.

NEGATIVE SYMPTOMS:
I mostly appear emotionless. I can’t concentrate, I rarely blink, I HATE eye contact, etc.

That is a brief summary of what I am going through. But what I am wondering is what warning signs you all saw? I mean, I’m 2 months in, it’d have to be 4 months for me to be diagnosed. I actually would like ANY piece of information, or anything I can relate to (because I don’t really relate to anyone, I am very schizoid).

Thanks,
Jake.

I left out the inappropriate emotional responses - I laugh at the wrong times for example.

Hey @Jake13 you should really see a doctor about this. I’m sorry you’re going through this, but we can’t diagnose you here, we’re not doctors.

It looks like sz, but can be other things too.

Good luck man

4 Likes

You need to see a doctor because these symptoms are serious. You don’t seem like those people who exaggerate their symptoms on the Internet, it seems like this is really reminiscent of schizophrenia, but you would need a doctor. People will tell you that you’re too young for it, but a lot of people I’ve talked to said their prodrome started much younger than psychiatry claims the disease begins. I myself was diagnosed when I was fourteen. And for the record, you only need one month of full-on psychotic symptoms, and the rest of the five months can just be negative symptoms.

The earlier you seek help, the better your prognosis will be, and you’re lucky because if you see a doctor now, it will be at a much younger age than most people which increases your chances. And it’s also good that you have a lot of insight.

1 Like

Yeah you’re probably right. I’m taking therapy and I do think we are getting closer. Thank you so much for the help.

Oh gosh you’re right. I appreciate that you understand that something is actually going on. Most of the people near me seem to be positive that all of these people fake their depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, whatever it may be. I think you are probably right. I hope that you are able to get better with your schizophrenia as well. Feel free to reach out to me on here if you ever need help or advice on anything. Good luck!

1 Like

Well 2 months ago, I was in the beginning of a major depressive episode that I am still in, and I was just kind of wondering about what else could be going on. It occurred to me that it may (or probably is) schizophrenia about 2-4 weeks ago.

I assume you’re parents are helping you, just co-operate with them. I’ve had paranoid schizophrenia since I was 19 in 1980. You’ll survive. Don’t do any illegal drugs for obvious reasons. If for some reason your parents don’t already know what you’re going through then it would probably be in your best interest to tell them. Like a person said already, we can’t diagnosis you. After hearing your problems you’re having, it would be obvious to anyone that your problems are extremely serious and that you need help.

Hey Jake, like others said it sounds like schizophrenia but you do need to see a doctor. I was diagnosed with SZA when I was 15, but I started having symptoms around two years earlier. I read you’re seeing a therapist which is great. I had the same experience of people saying I was faking it due to my age as well. Doctors may try to go every other route before diagnosing you with SZ or SZA because of your age. I remember because of my age I was diagnosed with a handful of other disorders just because of my age until I received the final SZA diagnosis. Though from what your writing it does sound a lot like SZ, but I’m not a doctor. Overall treat the symptoms and not the diagnosis. I hope you feel better man! It may be a long road, but hang in there!

My Mom is. But I don’t want to tell my Dad everything because he is selfish and tries to make it all about him.

Yeah I’m open to all ideas - luckily my therapist is really good so I think we’ll figure it out. thanks!